“Worst than TERRIBLE experience ever! Irresponsible management”
Review of B 52 Beach Resort

B 52 Beach Resort
Ranked #78 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 10 February 2016

Once arrival, the management tell me one of my booking (3 rooms for 6pax) was cancelled which was paid 6 months ago via Agoda.com and double confirmation from official B52 management. The management said Agoda had reversal the booking. First night, 9 person squeezed into two standard room (the management promise to arrange the mistake on the following night. End up, the "cancelled 3 room" become 1 deluxe bungalow. (the management never request for agreement and do not show up on consecutive days). Do not purchase any tour package (cancellation of the trip never trigger customer and did not perform full refund)
This is a review based on 9 personnel. Awaiting for official explanation.

Room Tip: No comment.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for B 52 Beach Resort

Reviewed 27 December 2015 via mobile

The staff were anything but helpful, on our arrival they demanded we pay for the booking again insisting we had only paid 50% of the booking - despite showing the confirmation email from hotels.com that the payment had been made in full, the woman at the reception was raising her voice and was extremely rude telling us to shut up and calm down, luckily another member of staff come to the reception who could keep her calm and actually help us.

Eventually it come to light that they were trying to charge us for another persons booking.

Then when we were shown the room, the rooms were tiny, not very clean, full of bugs and mosquitos, and hadn't even prepared the 5th bed that we had requested back in April at the time of booking.

It's safe to say, we would never return here, and to top it off it is no where near the full moon party about 30 minute drive away.

Stayed: December 2015
Reviewed 22 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed here two nights on our trip. Nice and friendly place. Staff is very helpful. Nice pool-area, we spend our days basicly there, laying on bean bags, enjoying the ocean view.

We got here without booking room in advance and got discount when checking in. Room was a basic bungalow, but good enough for our stay.

One thing that annoyed us: our neighbours had three rented scooters and they parked them in front of the bungalow while there is a parking lot outside the bungalow area. We got waked up many times during night because of them coming and going, but i think they didn't know the rules.

Also in the basic bungalows has very thin walls, so you can hear what in the next door is happening or what they're talking about.

Good stay, we liked! :)

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2015

I was super smart and lost my phone and credit card at the full moon party my first night on island. I had only paid for my first night and had zero cash left. I took a taxi back to the hotel and explained my situation and that I'd have to wait to wire money to myself at a western union. They were so cool that they paid for my taxi, insisted I eat breakfast at the buffet and that they'd put anything else I wanted including a scooter rental and lunch/dinner on a tab. I felt bad and hung out in my room most of the day until they came to check on me, pull me from my room and feed me. The room was great, strong wifi, tv and AC. Very clean as well.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
3  Thank Tim R
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Very friendly and helpful staff. Food at restaurant is very good. Rooms are good. Have air-conditioning and all environment is very exotic.
I was there with my family. All enjoyed and had a good time.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family