“Do Not Stay - Unpleasant people and resort”
Review of B 52 Beach Resort

B 52 Beach Resort
Ranked #78 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed 28 January 2017

This was a really unfortunate experience for me. After traveling through Thailand for over 2 months, this was the worst hotel I stay at.
The receptionist, Nok, was a very insulting and rude person. She should not work in hospitality. She did not let us check in early, and as we understood and wanted to leave our bags with her for another hour before the timing, she kept yelling at us and did not allow us to speak. The photos of the resort are completely inaccurate, it looked beautiful, but in reality there are no pillows set up, no one at the pool bar, the Thai staff sleep on the couches in the lounge area.
Our room was decent, but not as pictured. We rented a little bungalow with a small patio, and Nok (not surprisingly) gave us the most run-down bungalow with plastic chairs in front that were dirty and unappealing. The bathroom was ok for Thai standards. But given our experience with the staff we would never recommend this place to anybody. It was a shame to stay in Koh Phagnan with such a bad experience of B52. There are a LOT of better choices than this place.

Room Tip: do not stay
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sage28

Reviewed 26 January 2017 via mobile

When we arrived we had been upgraded without having to pay, and it was to the amazing sea view villa! I have no negatives about this resort, I really enjoyed my stay! The ONLY thing that was unfortunate to experience was another person who had stayed here, I experienced this person being extremely rude to the receptionist and that irritated me a lot. I want visitors to remember, when going ANYWHERE, it is not necessarily the staff that is the problem or rude, it is a result of how they have been treated by others staying there. Sometimes we are the problem, not them.. give kindness and understanding and they will be kind and understanding too.. thus, my experience of the staff was amazing, all friendly and very kind:) the room was beautiful with a stunning view! Nice and tranquil beach and a pool that I was in most of my stay! The food was really yummy too!! Please don't be scared off my negative reviews of the staff. Be kind and people will be kind back, it's simple and common decency.

1  Thank Cacha J
Reviewed 25 January 2017 via mobile

Yes, the pool area looked good and the area is good but the staff is the most unfriendly people in Thailand, they are not only slacks but rude and unpleasant. Especially the old lady by the info desk.

If you want to stay in this area I warmly recommend you CoCo garden.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Our friends were staying here and we were lucky enough to be able to chill with them round the pool because ours (hacienda beech resort) was horrid.

The people are lovely here, always happy to help us. Even if they weren't making any money from something. Food and drinks are very nice too. :)

1  Thank Alex S
Reviewed 15 December 2016 via mobile

i booked this place for the 2 nights of 10-12 of December.
there had been some rain in these days so the front of my room was muddy
my room was old and not worthy of a resort, the bathroom was old and so was all the furniture and appliances. the door was closed with a pad lock to turn off the light you have to get up , they didn't even join the beds to make it a double bed , the towels were clean but they smelled moist.

the place was practically empty so they could have simply upgraded my reservation.
the reception was not the most friendly and i did not have the feeling of a resort-like place.
the price is unfair and with the weather conditions and the fact that it was empty they could have made a discount. also for the same price i found better and real resort-like places.

the location is nice you can walk by the beach coast to get there from the pier.
the pool is also nice and the beach front was ok but they were not in a hurry to clean it up after the rains.

definitely not a resort

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
B52BeachResort, General Manager at B 52 Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2016

Hi There,
Thank you so much for your kindly feedback review, First,We would like to say sorry to not deliver you a happiness ,actually we can see since the beginning that you were step into the counter with the face, we understand that here now on the island is still have rain and monsoon so, we will recommend you to check the forecast first for the next time in any trip you willing to go in order to not disappoint you much,
Thank you and have a nice sunshine day
All the best,