“Wonderful Experience”

Ranked #34 of 420 Restaurants in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$2 - US$9
Cuisines: Irish, Thai, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Island Sports Cafe very conveniently located at the end of Thong Sala ferry pier in Koh Phangan. After the ferry trip why not plan your stay on the island at the HUB while you enjoy a warm welcome, free WiFi and free pool. Ask our friendly staff for free advice and the must see attractions on the island. We go above and beyond to send you away ready to really enjoy the island. Please read our reviews. We're the only bar on the island with a BIG SCREEN PROJECTOR to satisfy all your live sporting needs from every country. If it's not advertised just ask at the bar and we'll put it on. - Free Advice - Free WiFi - Free Pool - Big screen projector showing all live sports - Reliable, honest motorbike hire - Outdoor seating - We are told, best fried breakfast on the island - Fresh fruit smoothies and premium bean to cup coffee - Full wine list selection available - Fantastic Sunday roast dinners Motorbike rental - We pride ourselves on providing a honest rental service, check our reviews. Please, please check repair costs before hiring a motorbike from any rental shop. Sadly accidents do happen. The Hub, Island sports cafe - "A place to kick back and enjoy"
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

As a first time traveler to Thailand, specifically to the island of Ko Phangan I have heard my fair share of horror stories about motorscooter rentals. I can assure you that you will not have trouble with these people if you do not misuse their bikes.

My 3 friends and I immediately headed to the Hub after reading their many good reviews on Trip Advisor in search of 4 bikes and talked to the two nice Thai ladies and the nice Thai gentleman who were servicing the guests. Checkout of the bike is swift and you must provide 1 passport for up to 2 bike rentals. The bikes were in good condition, and the Thai gentleman who checked us out was very kind, and spoke English well. Reasonable prices (250baht/day) and the bikes were well worth it to scoot around the island. The gentleman told me I am welcome to take pictures, but assured me I wouldn't be given a hard time unless there were drastic changes made to the bike. Sure enough upon checkout we were given our passports with a smile from the staff. The experience was stress free and easy and made our trip that much better. Thanks to the staff of the Hub for killing it and providing us with and easy bike rental.

In addition, the food wasn't bad (average compared to other restaurants on the island, which are all baseline pretty yummy) and they make great cheap juices to pump you up after your long ferry ride to the island.

Rob G, General Manager at Hub Island Sports Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Hi Josef,

many thanks for your review and kind words. Glad to hear you had a wonderful experience at the Hub!

We pride ourselves on running a western friendly, honest upfront motorbike rental service, and also providing a very relaxed chilled out venue.

Glad to hear you also enjoyed our refreshing juices and shakes.

All the best for your onward journey. Have a great holiday!

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Staffs are lazy and they don't seem like they want to work. Their face and action show laziness. No good attitude from them. I ordered the islander breakfast and asked one of them how much I have to pay for extra bacon, she said 30b for a slice so I ordered. It came like the cut the a slice into 2 pieces, 1 of the bacon is completely dried dried while the other 1 is still raw. The scrambled egg was also not good, from outside it seemed done fried, but when I cut the egg and pushed my fork, it's still raw and it looked disgusting.

Hi,
thank you for taking time out to provide a review.

Very sorry that your experience was not good and up to our usual standards. I have spoken to our shift supervisors and staff about your feedback to ensure that we maintain a high standard at all times.

We hope you will give the Hub another chance next time you are on Koh Phangan.

All the best for your onward journey.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Recently rented a bike and was apprehensive about leaving my passport, but came back to a lovely women who right away grabbed my passport and returned it to me, no excessive questioning etc

TRUSTWORTHY rental unlike 90% of other companies

Rob G, General Manager at Hub Island Sports Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hi,
thank you for taking time to provide your review and feedback. We pride ourselves on providing a western friendly, trustworthy motor bike rental service, so glad to hear you had a good experience using our service.

Hope you had a great time on the island.

Wish you safe travels for your onward journey.

Reviewed 15 August 2017 via mobile

This is a nice meeting point right across the pier where you can have a beer waiting for your ferry or friends. Has a pool table. Does get lively at some nights. Good standard bar.

chris_sinc, Manager at Hub Island Sports Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Thanks for the review, Aykut. Glad you had a good time and hope you enjoyed a few games of pool! See you next time :)

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

Good drinks, honest staff and no hassles.

Rented a motorbike here for a week. Honest and good staff.

Thanks!

Rob G, General Manager at Hub Island Sports Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2017

Thank you for your kind review.

We pride ourselves on providing good honest motorbike rentals and do our very best to ensure our customers are looked after.

Hope you had a great time on the island and wish you all the best in your travels.

regards