“Enjoy a coffee with Durango!”
Review of Bubba's Coffee Bar

Bubba's Coffee Bar
Ranked #2 of 17 Coffee & Tea in Ko Pha Ngan
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Durango is the local ex-pat waiter who absolutely rocks. She offered amazing service and truly cared about our groups needs (following the full moon party). We actually visited this restaurant back to back days during our stay because it was so fantastic.
A little pricey compared with the area (100-200 Baht) but totally worth it. Delicious breakfast foods and a nice air conditioned cafe.

1  Thank Scouter5280
MitraJ76, Manager at Bubba's Coffee Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Hey Scouter5280 - sorry it has taken so long to respond! Thank you SO much for the shout-out from the 303! I'm so glad you all had a good time - it was a lot of fun having you in the cafe! I hope you made a full recovery from Full Moon - we do our best to take care of everyone...but know how especially much it means after a big party to try and help everyone feel human again. I've found that often times good coffee, a fresh coconut and lots of bacon helps do the trick! Wherever you are in the world now, we here at Bubba's wish you all the best and hope to see you back here someday! Thanks again for being such wonderful guests! Take care!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Had the Mushroom and Green (fresh sourdough, excellent mushrooms, feta, egg) and the Burmese Tea Leaf Salad (exotic and spicy, crunchy goodness) - now sitting with big smiles on our faces after a hit of yummy flavours.

This place deserves its high rating. Recommended!

MitraJ76, Manager at Bubba's Coffee Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2017

Hello 2Foodies! With a screen name like that, I assume that you really know your stuff so it is a great honor to get such high praise from those who take their food seriously and give serious thought to their recommendations, so THANK YOU! I have to be honest - you picked two of my favorite dishes we serve here. I've never tasted anything quite like the Burmese Tea Leaf salad. It definitely has a unique flavor that I think everyone should try. I like to add some eggs, chicken or even avocado to mine for a little extra protein, but it is certainly filling on its own! I've also been known to add some hollandaise sauce to my Mushroom and Greens when I'm in the mood for a veggie Benedict! But we are glad you found so much joy in what our menu has to offer and hope that if you're still on the island, you'll stop back and say "hi"! Safe travels! It was a pleasure serving you here at Bubba's!

Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

We went here twice because the food was that good! I had cream cheese bagel with pumpkin seeds was super yummy and I payed a little extra for some bacon on it too was really tasty the smoothies and coffee are both really good and the guy who works there is an artist the pictures he could put on the top of your coffee are great!

MitraJ76, Manager at Bubba's Coffee Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Hi there Dean-Michael - thanks so much for your feedback! It's always great to hear about people coming back to Bubba's day after day and seeing the same happy faces over and over again in the cafe. (I didn't mean for that to rhyme, but it does have a nice ring to it...) Unfortunately, something I hear a lot from customers is that they're sad they found us at the END of their trip and not the BEGINNING. I'm glad that wasn't the case with you and hope for all those reading this, they will learn from others' misfortune! But no matter when you come to us, I urge you to take Dean-Michael's brilliant advice and remember: bacon makes EVERYTHING better! I know I'm a bit partial, but I haven't encountered bigger or crispier portions of bacon on this island! Thanks again Dean-Michael - it was such a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you at Bubba's again soon! Cheers!

Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

The food was was awesome. Great breakfast or lunch place. The granola and fruit was amazing. You get free water and they have several coffees from around thailand to taste. Their cappuchino is really good. The only downside was that the chef made it look so good that everyone was taking pictures of their food instead of digging in. Around 150 baht per dish. Would go again and would recommend!

1  Thank Maarten S

Hello Maarten - wow! Thanks for your wonderful review!!! We are so glad you had such an off-the-charts amazing experience at Bubba's! I usually like to be a little more involved in my responses to hopefully elaborate on any questions or concerns that people who are thinking about trying out Bubba's might have when reading reviews, but I think you covered it all! Except...where are all the incredible photos!!! We really do appreciate your feedback and hope you'll come back and see us again sometime. At Bubba's we are all about good coffee, good food, good vibes and sharing the love! Thanks for sharing yours! We'd like to give YOU an 11/10 right back! It was a pleasure serving you! Cheers!!!

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Such a wonderful little spot! Staff is so nice and friendly, wonderful coffee and the best eggs Bennie I've ever had! We went back the next day and had it for breakfast : )
The wonderful waitress remember us which is always a nice bonus!
They also serve water that you can drink and will fill up your water bottle!!
Amazing space!

MitraJ76, Manager at Bubba's Coffee Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Hi Jennifer - thank you SO much for your wonderful feedback! I have to say, that here at Bubba's it gives us great pleasure to see customers return day after day and it's an honor for us to have people choose to spend their time here on the island at Bubba's! We try our best to make our customers here feel as if they are guests in our very own home and certainly hope that's how you felt while you were here. Speaking of home - we are very grateful to have the opportunity to make our lives and livelihoods on this beautiful island and want to do our part to give back to the community and keep our island beautiful. That's why we offer free water bottle filling to anyone - not just customers - any time we are open and we encourage our guests to take advantage of this service to help cut down on waste. It was a pleasure serving you and we wish you all the best! PS - I have to be honest in saying that our hollandaise sauce and Eggs Benedict at Bubba's is actually better then my mom's...but don't tell her! Cheers!