We arrived late at the resort and after a stroll around the grounds decided to eat here. Despite not having a reservation we were fortunate enough to secure one of the many empty tables and we sat down to enjoy the view over the resort and out to sea. All was well with the world. We ordered drinks fairly quickly but waited a fair amount of time to order food. No big deal as the waitress/front of house was clearly very busy dealing with guests arriving who also hadn't booked. I would guess she turned half away despite numerous empty tables which remained empty throughout our time there but I am not here to comment on the restaurant's lack of commercial sense. Perhaps they only had one chef on that night.
And so the food arrived and we ate. Nothing sensational but nothing bad either, although it was brought to the table by possibly the most sour faced of waitresses who didn't raise a smile all evening. I think I'm right in saying most people eating out appreciate it, especially when service charge is automatically charged to the bill, if the waiting staff are polite and courteous. Not so here unfortunately.
Anyhow the reason this place gets one star and not three is the fact I got food poisoning. It's ok though as when I mentioned it to the front desk, when I was well enough to leave the bathroom some 36 hours later, they took 250THB off my bill. Incredibly generous given it ruined 2 out of my 4 days at the resort.
Go here at your peril.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.