2,835 results
All reviewssunset baradult poollong tail boatgarden bungalowbeach frontjasmin restaurantsea gypsylaem tong beachbeautiful beachour honeymoonmaya bayhour tripoutdoor showerwhite sandy beachferry ridedeck chairsrelaxing holiday
Reviewed 14 September 2012

Stayed here for a 4 day quick break. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left it was perfect. The staff were great, recognising us and knowing our preference in both the bar and at breakfast with in 2 days.

Went diving 2 days and it was amazing and the guys and the dive shop were super friendly, helpful and accommodating.

The price was extremely reasonable and I would head back in a heart beat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank knowhatilike
Nithas S, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Phi Phi Island, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2016

We thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us in overall.

I am very grateful for the feedback provided as this gives us the opportunity of improving our services. And I have shared your comments with our team members to continue motivated in delivering high standards of service.

I would like to thank you once again for taking the time to share your feedback and look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to our resort.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2012

Just got back from spending two weeks at this fab resort. Some people may find it very boring spending two week's here so it depends on what you want. I went with my daughter and we just wanted nothing but peace and to really relax and unwind which we did. Staff are very friendly and all the area's where very clean, pools are about the cleanest i have evey see anywhere and beds not hard like you get in most places. There are some fab islands you can go to on a longtail boat which if you use they sea gypsy boat they are cheaper than the hotel boats. It can be a bit expensive to eat eating at the hotel but you will find a few bars that serve local food cheaper. The only one fault was that when we arrived it was pouring with rain and had to wait almost two hours for our room not very good when your soaking wet.

Room Tip: All room very nice but think beach room would be the best.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 September 2012

This is the 2nd time I stayed in Holiday Inn Phiphi. Enjoyed the peace, blue-green sea view, colorful fishes close to the beach. You just borrow the mask, snorkeling and fin, go directly to the beach, face down, and you will find yourself as part of them, the only difference is you'r bit larger and less of color :). Don't waste time/cash to rant the boat for diving.
The facilities are not so good but just meet my needs. I only have one suggestion for improvment of the shower, the hot water is not consistent....

P.S., We recived home made cookies and fruit this time, I think this is gift for the 2nd stay. Great!

Room Tip: Superior room is good enough...close to the beach.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank polly y
Reviewed 8 September 2012 via mobile

We spent 3 nights at Holiday Inn Resort and we can say it has been one of best vacation we ever had.
The resort is located on the north east side of the island, the opposite side of the noisy overpopulated Ton Sai Bay, that you can anyway reach by a 20 minute longtail boat ride.
The beach is stunning and the sea is clear and calm. The two pools are beautiful.
The resort offers a lot of amenities, the ones we tried are: scuba diving, tours and spa treatments, very good restaurants, a wonderful top of the hill sunset bar from which you can enjoy a spectacular view, delicious food and drink and a sweet wind that helps a lot during the hot days...moreover the kids club is brand new! We also have a private dinner on the beach that was absolutely great!
We booked a garden bungalow (just behind the beach front lodgment) and it was absolutely perfect in terms of price, location and comforts.
The personnel is always ready to help and support you and their smilies make you feel warm welcomed.
If we will ever come back to phi phi don, and we really hope so, we will definitely stay here once again!!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank SerenaSerra

We thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate that you have enjoyed your stay with us in overall.

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 September 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights, starting Sept 4 to 7 (room 608). We arrived from Phuket on a ferry and came to the hotel at 1130am, but we told our room will be available only at 1:30pm. We had to wait till then, but we were upgraded to a Coral studio which was good news. We waled up to the Jasmin restaurant next to the hotel for lunch and enjoyed some soup and Thai food. We came back to the reception and were given our room keys...we had to ask for the luggage to be sent to our room. Disappointing that no one escorted to our room to explain the room features, breakfast areas, other activities etc. we had to figure out ourselves from a book in the room. The room was nice, with a balcony facing the ocean, with small views of the ocean and the cottage in front of our room. The weird part of the room is the bathroom, which is tiny with a shower head which has a mind of its own. It spits cold water every 5 minutes and returns to hot water.

The sunset bar is fantastic with great views and strong winds. They have a tennis courts next to the bar, wonder why anyone would wanna play tennis here. Glad to see the hotel staff use it for soccer and volleyball. The breakfast is decent but we did the sea food dinner buffet at the restaurant and it was bad. For 750 plus per person, the food was bland and tasteless. We ate the Jasmin for all our remaining meals.

We did the scuba on 6 September and enjoyed it. The ride back on the speed boat was the worst ride of my life. The person driving the boat was going at such high sped that we could not sit outside, I fell off my seat several times while we were returning from mosquito island.i gestured him to slow down so that me and wife can get inside, but he wouldn't slow down. I again fell and got a cut on my knee and bled. I also sprained my little finger in this process. No tip for that lunatic driver.

Overall, good hotel, which can get better apart from the food, checkin courtesy and the speed boat incident.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple