“Amazing stay at Bay View Resort”
Review of Bay View Resort

Bay View Resort
Ranked #10 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 3 November 2017

My boyfriend and I stayed there in October. it was an absolute treat... Everything from the staff, the room, the patio and the view was amazing!

The walk to our bungalow was a tad steep but worth it.

Breakfast - we stayed in a couple of hotels on our trip to Thailand, and Bay View was the only place that served bacon with their breakfast. Ok, so the bacon tasted like it was cooked in left over calamari oil but it was still bacon.

Room Tip: Some of the bungalows don't have a great sea view due to the trees growing in front of the bunga...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,715)

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Let me first start by saying that the views from the cottages at Bayview are awesome, despite the uphill walk to our room, well worth the walk. Our Cottage was neat and had a nice deck with chairs and a table on it to relax and watch the boats coming and going. Bathrooms are a bit dark and dated with a mustard colour municipal feel to them, but the rest of the decor in the rooms made up for it, towels are a bit threadbare though and needs replacement, pool area also often runs out of towels, drinks etc. Most of the front reception staff were friendly upon arrival and communicated well, but are let down by the porters, the longtail ferry staff and bartending staff who are quite unhelpful and do not seem to understand English or even hand gestures at all. After checkout at 11am we were told to place our bags at reception and the hotel will bring our bags via longtail boat to the Ferry at 1.30pm. We checked twice with them that it was ok to leave the luggage and it would be brought to the ferry, we were assured that we just had to meet our luggage at the ferry which was leaving at 2.30pm........last one for the day to Phuket, since the others had been cancelled for the day. Upon arrival at the pier at 1.30pm we searched for our luggage on the ferry, on the pier, tried calling the hotel with no answer at reception and were sent from pillar to post trying to locate the Bayview Ferry staff. At 2pm we finally found the Bayview longtail boat staffer who was welcoming arriving guests and he had no idea what we were trying to explain to him. At this point we finally got through to the hotel who told us that our luggage was still in reception and would be loaded immediately onto the longtail boat and would arrive in 5mins. Well it arrived 40mins later and we missed the Ferry to Phuket, with the next one only leaving the next day. The Bayview longtail boat guys were then reluctant to take us back to the hotel with their new arriving passengers and gave us attitude. At this point we decided to just abandon them and check in at a totally different hotel, right opposite the Pier, at 2000baht per night and forfeit our already pd for accommodation in Phuket. We then spent the night enjoying more of Phi Phi,s nightlife and restaurants and put the bad experience behind us......the next morning we paid for the Ferry to Phuket again, having forfeited the previous day's fare. So in a nutshell, Bayview has awesome views and the rates are reasonable, but please micromanage your own luggage and arrangements and make sure you find someone who understands you because when reception gets busy on checkout, other staff pitch in and their communication is very poor, although they say yes , but have no idea what you are asking of them.

Room Tip: Try and take rooms from level 1-3.....4 and 5 are very high up and require some uphill trekking to g...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travers54321
Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Bay view phi phi

To reach this hotel one needs to take a longtail taxi from main pier. Shuttle service is provided free of cost by the hotel. But you need to wait for few minutes at the pier.
Finally, we reached this hotel a bit early @12:30 pm than check-in time @ 2 pm. On reaching the reception area, we saw a mess over check-in process. We had waited at least for half an hour before we got our turn. Then they asked us to come after 1 hour as the rooms were not ready, though the check out time is 11am. Anyway, we were fine with and we moved for lunch and came back @ 2pm. That time Check in process was super smooth.
But, there was a little surprise waiting for us. We had booking for 2 deluxe rooms. Yet, the allotted rooms were certainly different. One was much bigger than other. Yet to identify the reason. :P

Good:
1. Cottage like structure... Almost all rooms have sea view.
2. Has a private beach, though not that great
3. Walkable distance to main pier/main village area.
4. Has a free taxi service to the main pier, Ton Sai pier.

Not so good:
1. Reception process a bit mismanaged.
2. ‎Though you can walk to main area very easily within 15-20 minutes, but with your luggage it's very difficult. Other option is to take a longtail taxi. But you need to wait for long.
3. ‎Rooms are a bit small to my liking.
4. ‎You need to hike to the rooms. So if you are with aged person better to choose other.

Overall, an average stay.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

I was visiting this same hotel about 6years ago and I for the price I paid, I decided to give it a try again. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the rooms. They upgraded the hotel quite a bit. Rooms are nicely decorated and clean.
The beds are really comfy.

The walk to this hotel doesn’t bother me at all, it’s such a scenic route with lots going on.

The breakfast can be better and they don’t prepare for busy times. I was there one morning and everything needed to be replenished. The coffee was weak( luckily only happened one day). The staff really don’t care much about you here. There is one guy I want to point out. He was wearing a black shirt at breakfast(maybe the restaurant manager?). He was greeting us by hand and was always attentive.

Overall not bad but not good either. For the price I would stay here again though.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 26 October 2017

Having read some of the reviews on here I was concerned about this hotel but my partner persuaded me to stay and I am so glad he did. Yes we arrived by long boat and yes we jumped into the sea but it was all part of the PhiPhi experience. Porters carried our cases so no problem. Our room was very nice and we saw no lizards or bed bugs! Only a beautiful Siamese cat who visited us occasionally. My only disappointment was that we didn't get a good view and as we were staying for a week I thought they should have prioritised those staying longer to the villas with the better view. It seems they are randomly assigned and I learnt later that if we had gone back and asked for a view we could have been moved. We had lovely floral decorations on the bed each day and had no complaints. Breakfast was OK with an incredible view. We didn't eat at the restaurant as we preferrred to eat in town. This was a pleasant 15 minute walk away and never felt unsafe even very late at night. We used the hotel beach on one day and yes the sun beds have seen better days. On other days we took the walk along the coast to the other beaches. My only complaint was that the pool was out of action and I love a swimming pool. We could use another hotel pool but it was very small and noisy with building work taking place next door. Had the pool of been available I would have scored an excellent review. In summary a very enjoyable stay and so glad we decided to stay here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view when you check in.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple