“Amazing beach do not feed monkeys Almost attacked by one in my balcony, breath taking view friendly staff from time you”

Phi Phi The Beach Resort
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 6 November 2017

This place is amazing, very friendly staffs from time you arrived they pickup your luggage take it to your room do same until departing, you have to be fair to them this is jungle you are in nature and they try to make your stay enjoyable, We got ocean view room with amazing view you can seat in balcony enjoy the view, I have not seen any place like this with low price it is very safe to walk at night , good seafood grilled, fire dance and music nice beach clear water, we had some coincidence with Monkeys they were drinking the soda we left from the night before in our balcony , I tried to shoo them away and they tried to attack me and hissing and showing there K nine teeth to me I ran inside.The breakfast was included and was good, for me just sitting on the balcony and looking as amazing words can not describe it it is very peaceful occasionally you will hear the Longboat coming there. going to Tonsai pier by walk through jungle about 45 min.

Room Tip: breath taking view with colorful long boats, very peaceful at nights you can hear the ocean (bay).
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
PPThebeach, Manager at Phi Phi The Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Allen2598,
Thank you very much for choosing Phi Phi The Beach Resort.
We are delighted that you had a great stay with us and you loved the jungle experience. I am glad that you were safe from this monkey, we always recommend to close the doors to avoid them as this is their territory. I appreciate that you fully understand the natural environment we are.
Thanks again for your excellent revue!
Operation Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,452)

Reviewed 5 November 2017

The hotel is located in a very nice place, on a beach, away from the town which is accessible either by boat (200 THB a few minutes) or via trail (30 min).The view from the room (seaview room) is amazing, really like a postcard. Right in front of the hotel's beach there is snorkeling place called shark point where ,if lucky, you can see some armless sharks.
Our room was probably in a different standard that the equivalent prices we had during our stay in Thaliand,as a matter of fact, mattress was a bit tired and our back didn't really appreciated!
The restaurant was a bit of mixed feeling, we tried several dishes. the yellow curry was just great but some other choices like garlic bread were just not good at all. So maybe, it is better to stick to Thai food.

One element is the staff, we were surprised by the fact that we really felt a strong difference here compared to all other hotels in Thaland. At the restaurant, we had several times the need to call up somebody to have access to the menus or even order. If not they just do not come or check what you want. Maybe we were not lucky, but on a 3 days/2 nights stay this feeling was consistant...
A bit more attention to details and a more attentive, friendly staff would really make this place perfect as the environment is just great.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
PPThebeach, Manager at Phi Phi The Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Dear Silvfr,
Thank you very much for choosing Phi Phi The Beach Resort for your stay, we are pleased that you had a great time with us.
I would like to apologize for your issues at the restaurant and I will meet right away my Chef and my team for this not happen again.
Your comments are very helpful for us to improve our services.

Reviewed 1 November 2017 via mobile

The villa had the most amazing view ! It was also quite quaint & was clean with complementary mini bar. Unfortunately there where a few issues. The breakfast wasn't the best, didn't have as much variety as other places we stayed, like most places in this area there was no air con which I found I bit unbearable. There was also a lot of building work when we stayed and the area due to this was a little loud & chaotic , maybe we were just unlucky when we stayed.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
PPThebeach, Manager at Phi Phi The Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Joanne 231,
Thank you very much for choosing Phi Phi The Beach Resort.
I would like to apologize about the road work at the reception, due to a big storm we had 3 weeks ago, we had to maintain the road, this work is now finished in its construction. That was necessary for the safety of our guests.
I am surprise you didn't find enough variety in our breakfast as we have a very good feedback for it, we have French, American, Continental, Asian choices all display on buffer, Live egg station, Salad Bar, Fruit station, Coffee & Tea station, cold fruit juices, range of cereals and pastries.
As a beach resort, all our public area are on open air, which is not suitable for air-conditioning, All our bungalow are with air-conditioner of course.
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and we will be pleased to greet you again.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

This wasn’t what expected and the pictures I had seen didn’t match what I actually saw. We transferred by ferry from krabi and the hotel meet us at the pier. Took a long boat to the hotel. On arrival it didn’t look great, building work was going on and our room wasn’t ready. No cold towels or air conditioning. An hour later we were transported to our hut. First impressions...the bathroom smelt, the room wasn’t clean, tiles cracked and the sheets were dirty. We were then moved to another hut which on first impression was better but after inspection it was the same. I complained to the duty manager and we were upgraded. The upgrade was lovely however the sheets and towels were still stained and despite 4 ladies cleaning the hut....it still wasn’t clean.
The bedding and towels all need replacing ,rooms maintained and deep cleaned.
The beach bar is ok, toilets in public areas are an awful standard. Evening food was good and we enjoyed the seafood bbq and fire show. Thank you Jack sparrow and Yut for making our stay memorable.
Breakfast was basic and quality not great. Some food wasn’t hot.

We walked into town (30 mins) path was well lit however a climb once you get to the end of long beach through woody jungle.
We didn’t like town..backpackers party central...lots of tattooists and bars. More laid back in the daylight but expensive for thailand.

The resort could be beautiful however attention to fine detail is required. New bedding / linen and a better laundry facility. Some finer staff training on cleaning and hospitality. Smoking when on duty isn’t professional.Litter and cigarette buts picked up off the beach. Gardening around huts. Rubbish from underneath huts disposed of out of guests sights.
I have had many years of managing in the hospitality industry and feel that the potential is there but it’s a long way off the star rating stated.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Anne H
PPThebeach, Manager at Phi Phi The Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear Anne H.,
Thank you for your comments, these are very helpful for us to improve our service.
First of all I would like to apologize for the road maintenance in front of the reception, due to a strong storm 3 week ago we had to fix it, this for a period of 10 days, fortunately this work didn't disturbed the room sides.
Our check-in time is 2pm and the check-out time is 11am, as you arrived at 11.30am, your room wasn't ready, and my receptionist asked to the house keeping to be quick as possible to not make you wait too long, I, then offer you an upgrade and as this room was not occupied we had to make it properly before you can stay, unfortunately they didn't had eyes on details in the rush and this is our mistake.
I hope you could understand this matter of check-in check-out with makeup of the room as you are working in hospitality as well.
As per beach resort, our lobby and restaurants are on open air, which is you will understand impossible to get air conditioning.
We provide free soft minibar in every rooms that include cold towels, refilled daily.
I am surprise reading your comment about our breakfast, we have a large range of choice on Continental, American, Asian choices, all breads & pastries are homemade, Egg live station and salad bar. Our food is daily delivered from the mainland and we are very careful for the quality. We usually have a very good feedback on our breakfast.
I feel sorry that you didn't like Phi Phi Island and especially the town, for us is a privilege to be located 2km from the village. this unfortunately is added in your review which is external of our resort.
The reason Koh Phi Phi in general is more expensive than the main land is due to the location and as I mentioned previously everything is imported from the mainland, especially for us we choose to be delivered everyday for the freshness rather than once or twice a week.
I hope sincerely that you could come back in Koh Phi Phi and see our island and our 3 star resort with a different eye.
Once more, Thank you & Best Regards,

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Phi phi Island is the best for fun! The hotel is amazing. Hotel price is really good. They help you to have excursions. Around the hotel area, lots of bars to drink different cocktails. Every night different activities. Local people can not talk well English but u can manage to understand them :) simple words with big
Smile . The hotel employees are professional and speak English well. Highly Recommend to the couples, solo traveler or friends. Thanks for the hospitality!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
PPThebeach, Manager at Phi Phi The Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2017

Dear Gozdeo743
Thank you very much for spending your holidays in Phi Phi The Beach Resort. We are delighted that you had a perfect time with us.
Best Regards,