“Affordable with a Nice View”
Review of Bhora Bhora

Bhora Bhora
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Koh Tao
Bhora Bhora
Ranked #115 of 147 Speciality Lodging in Koh Tao
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed about a week at Bhora Bhora Resort for 400B ($12) a night which included two twin beds, a fan, and hot water. The room was clean, albeit needed some minor fixes. The staff were nice and answered what questions they could despite speaking broken English. The hotel is located in a more mellow part of the island than the more boisterous Sairee beach. There is easy access to a great dive shop (Big Bubble) across the street.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank michelleraecash

Reviewed 18 June 2013

The rooms are cheap and have the potential to be quirky. But overall are not well kept, dirty, damp and dark. The path leading to rooms are very dark and rocky- unsafe. My main issue was with one of the female members of staff. When I made request in relation to my room she ignored me and carried on talking to one of her colleagues. I asked if she had heard me and she shouted in my face. Her response was irrational and very intimidating. I questioned her reaction and she stood up and came very close to my face and told me to leave the area. I was very scared and shocked. I question her mental stability and would advise any future customers to trend carefully, as her behaviour is unpredictable.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2013

VERY HORRIBLE STAY. The huts we stayed in were nice, a problem was with the toilet system. There was a constant lingering smell.

The main issue for us were the UNPROFESSIONAL VIOLENT STAFF. On our final night we asked the manager and bar attendant at Rasta Bar (which is attached to the accommodation) for toilet paper for the room.

The response from both was very unprofessional immediately. They told me to go to the local supermarket to buy some myself and that I was 'stupid' to come and ask them in the evening. In response I questioned their rude behaviour towards me.

It was then things became shockingly bad. The woman (who claimed to be the manager of Bhora Bhora) told me to shut up and that I needed to check out immediately. My two friends then came to the bar and were met with the same hostility.

As we walked away to pack our bags the woman grabbed my friend's arm and pushed her. She then got a wooden block from behind the bar, waved it in a threatening manner and threw it at my other friend. At that time the man (bar attendant) jumped over the bar and came nose to nose with me, shouting to get out now. At no point did we resist their request but their aggression persisted nevertheless.

The man followed us up to our room to watch us pack which was very threatening, we asked a fellow male guest to follow us also as we felt the bar mans behaviour was very unpredictable. The bar man whist waiting repeatedly shouted and demanded that we give him the room keys. We were reluctant to do so as once the keys were returned we would have no power to ask for a refund (We had prepaid for the room, which we advise nobody to do). Moments later the manager came up and shouted if we weren't to leave in 2 minutes we could not get our money back.

When we came down stairs with our bags she violently grabbed the keys out of our hands and gave us only a 2 thirds of our refund. The manager then told me I was to leave the island tomorrow, saying if she saw me again her or somebody she knows would hurt me.

The whole event was very distressing. We were kicked out as 3 young females at 11pm at night and were told we were not safe to stay anywhere on the island. I would not recommend anyone stay at this accommodation. For the past 3 months we have been traveling around Asia and have never been made to feel so unsafe.

This accommodation was recommended by a representative on the boat over of a PADI's certified driving school named Big Bubble.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank K_Camps
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Rooms are tiny and dark, also smell of mold and have many mosquitos. The bed sheets and towels were old and stained. We ate in the restaurant and the food made me and my girlfriend sick (ended up at a clinic in need of medicine) Staff was rude when we complained that our fan did not work properly. The bar downstairs was loud and made it difficult for sleeping at night. Once we checked out and moved to jp resort, our holiday got much better.
For the price, there are better choices on the island, recomend you try them instead.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank julio a
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I have spent a good deal of time in various part of Thailand, and I've never been so disappointed by the service and attitudes of the staff of an establishment. I stayed only 1 night and decided I did not want to ruin my time in Koh Tao by being surrounded by such negative energy. In addition, the bungalow itself was very dark, damp and moldy. At night, walking up to the bungalows is a bit dodgy because it is not well lit and parts are very uneven. Somehow I managed to twist my ankle even though I only stayed there 1 night. I went to the Rasta Bar briefly and was disgusted by how unabashedly the bartenders hit on any woman who sat down at the bar. Not a nice place for a single woman traveler to have a drink and relax.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo