Maneerote Hotel(Surin)(Great Value!)
US$12
TripAdvisor
White Elephant Resort(Surin)(Great Value!)
US$15
TripAdvisor
The grace residence(Surin)(Great Value!)
US$18
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewshis wifethe ownercambodian borderex patssunday roastgreat place to stayswimming poolthai foodfull english breakfastthe food is greatburi ramhome madesurin areaan amazing placerural areawood firebar and restaurant
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We stayed here for 2 nights on the way to our my wife mothers village. It was a great place to relax by the pool.

All staff and patrons were very friendly. We noticed that the staff really got into cleaning everything. Not just the rooms but the outdoor areas. This was also whilst the boss was away for a night, something you don't often see in Thailand. The gardens are also well kept and nice, in the dry season I can't imagine how much they spent on water.

We enjoyed it so much we stayed for another 2 nights on the way back from the village.

The food is great. both thai and western food, especially on the weekend with the wood fired pizzas and roasts. When Gary tells you that the leg of pork is big you should listen to him because we ended up with leftovers for days.

We will definitely stay here again in a year and probably for longer next time.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are worth the little extra.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 February 2018

Recently, I have been a guest in Gary's "Ryan's Resort" and I now remember I forgot asking why it's actually not "Gary's Resort". I cannot find any flaws worth mentioning as all staff, with Gary on top, are always willing to smilingly answer whatever question and fulfill any possible desire within their reach, not in the least with its cuisine, surprisingly good wood-fired pizza's to least the least! I found it heartwarming to see the owner-couple seems to be having a very broad band of friends that came to visit them in the aftermath of the New Year and very interesting how Gary has a second nature of making sure you never feel alone or unwanted.
Big thanks again, also for the great favours Gary! Take care and good luck ;-)

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Five of us booked 3 rooms and would definitely do so again. Food was very good and portions large. Excellent value for money.

The hospitality was outstanding!! Highly recommended.

Nice place to relax and unwind.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Ryan's Resort is a lovely little place in a rural area outside of Prasat. Gary, the owner, is welcoming and friendly to all the guests. He goes out of his way to helpful. I arrived around 7 PM on a Tuesday, and although his kitchen is officially closed on Tuesday (and closes at 7 PM other days), he made me dinner. He arranged for me to get a car and driver to take me to the ancient temples and made sure that I went to the best ones in the area (I had selected a smaller one to visit when I planned my trip). The cost of the driver and car were half the price of the cars at the airport (Buri Ram).
The resort is clean and well maintained. The room has WiFi, television, a room safe and a private bath. Certainly an excellent value for the price.
The day I was leaving, the driver picked me up at 7 AM so that I could do more sightseeing before my flight. And again, although the kitchen opens officially at 8 AM, Gary made me coffee at 6:30. Then he sat and talked to me.
The only thing that I can complain about is that I had to slam the door to get it to close. This only bothered me because I did not want to disturb the other guests.
If you want to see rural Thailand, rice fields, sugar cane, hear exotic birds chirping (they seem to hide in the trees, so you don't see most of them) and have an enjoyable, relaxing time at a very reasonable price, then I highly recommend Ryan's Resort.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2017

great place for eating and relaxing. Best fillet steak i had on my 6 month holiday and the home-made pizzas cooked on a wood-fire oven are very good too.thank you Nok,Gary and Tao.Lovely dogs too.Missing the crib,pool and darts games with the local ex-pats.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple