“A very good "Aussie" themed restaurant overlooking the bay.”

Ranked #36 of 183 Restaurants in Vung Tau
Cuisines: Australian
Reviewed 9 January 2018

This was a welcome retreat from the heat whilst walking along the beach front (or road). A good selection of western style food is available and very moderately priced. I tried the burger one day and club sandwich another for lunch and both were good (and very filling although I struggle to eat a lot at lunch time, the food was worth it). The service is excellent. I sat at the front overlooking the bay and the staff would play cards on the table nearby and as soon as I looked there way, thy asked whether I wanted a drink and within seconds one was on the table. Perfect! This is not five star and is not intended to be but it is a good relaxing cafe style restaurant with excellent service.

1  Thank Steve H

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Whilst we are really loving the Vietnamese cuisine everywhere we go in Vietnam - this was a great spot to enjoy a beaut Fisherman's Basket and Pizza, done just like at home. Great service and the value for money continues. Brilliant views from the front deck

Reviewed 1 September 2017

I think it was a fantastic place, and I will recommend it to everyone. The people that worked there were very friendly. Especially one girl - Minh - she made me feel so welcome by smiling so nice and serving me great drinks and gave me so much information about Vung Tau and Vietnam. She also thought me how to play pool. I really miss that place now

3  Thank tvikan
Reviewed 27 August 2017

I sometime wonder about the objecivity and agenda of some reviews. Look at the name ...Ned Kellys...not Moulin Rouge. yes it is more expensive than street food and this is the reason why locals dont throng there; not because the food is bad or the service poor.
Yep there are a lot of Vets happy to visit, mainly because they love to visit everywhere in this beautiful country - but Neds also feels a bit like home and if you know Ms Anh you will understand the warmth she has for her guests and her staff are happy to work there.
For the record Neds it about 3 star but the service, cold beer and the atmosphere give it an excellent rating - the opinion of an eclectic group of 15 and our local friends.

1  Thank JONHallettCove J
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I called in here for a beer and beer was cold. Food was average and I would nit eat here again. Staff are friendly. I had a conversation with the owner and she is a hard one. Very hard on staff poor wages but she thinks she is fantastic. Omg not. kept calling me mate, very professional. I would go elsewhere rather than ned kelly .

1  Thank Richo4321