All reviews hiking trails great hiking double room place to stay helped us plan well equipped kitchen camel hill enjoyed my stay two nights a wonderful stay ramon crater lee hostel volunteers puzzles desert israel
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I loved hiking in the area and enjoyed my stay in the hostel. I have met many friendly travelers and volunteers there. I spend two nights in the hostel (originally planned only one, but I could not leave so quick). We have been watching falling stars together from the ridge, which is mesmerizing experience.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

I made a weekend trip in Mitzpe Ramon to do some hiking with a few friends of mine. The staff at Mitzpe Ramon were so accommodating, warm, and welcoming. Due to public transportation delays, we arrived a little bit past check-in time, but the staff were very nice and understanding about it. They helped us plan out our hiking trips and gave us all the necessary maps and information to go on our way.

My friends and I very much enjoyed their 10 shekels light breakfasts, 15 shekels local craft beer, and kitchen to cook our own food. There is a cozy common living space with a selection of movies, books, games, and puzzles - perfect for relaxing after a long day of hiking, and to also meet others staying at the hostel.

The location of the hostel is also perfect, being right across the road from the edge of the crater and camel rock, as well as the start of many trails. My group was also able to do a hike in En Avdat before shabbat, and then the crater Ramon Shen hike the following day.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay with friendly staff and a clean facility!

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

One of the best hostels I have been to. Comfortable beds, super clean and lovely.
Big thanks to staff. They welcome you warmly and help you to plan your stay. We got map, they marked every interesting place for us and planned an awesome hike in the desert. Really appreciated it!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

Although we didn't stay in the hostel, we recently visited following a recommendation that we may be able to book some activities through the hostel. We spoke to Leigh who was incredibly helpful. She invited us in and explained a variety of activities that we could do in the area.
As we discussed the things we were interested in, Leigh called ahead to check availability and arrange bookings for us.
Leigh showed us around the hostel which was spotlessly clean. There's a variety of different types of accommodation and extensive facilities.
We would definitely try to stay there next time we are in the area!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2017

I just loved this place. I never really went hiking before staying here, but it is pretty much THE thing to do in Mitzpe Ramon. This hostel will get you sorted before heading out. It is also by far the cleanest hostel I have stayed at anywhere. The staff are friendly and I just loved the owners.

I stayed in a six-person dorm, which had comfortable beds. The bunks are really high up which might help with sleeping noise issues as everyone's quite spread out.

I promised them I will come back to stay with them next time i'm in Israel and I plan to stand by this!

Date of stay: April 2017