“Great accomodation”

The Green Backpackers
Reviewed 7 October 2017

I enjoyed my stay at the hostel a lot. The staff was very friendly and had great hiking advice. The rooms where spotless and furnished with a love for detail. What I enjoyed was the relaxed and familiar atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We've just returned from a few nights at Green Backpackers. This is our second time staying there (a few years ago we stayed a week there). It was then and is now our favorite hostel in the world, and we've stayed at many. There's a great atmosphere, it's clean, has a fantastic kitchen, and they are a great resource for hiking information. We've stayed at another hostel in town previously, and it was terrible. Bottom line, only stay at Green Backpackers when visiting Mitzpe Ramon. Book a week ahead if you have to. It's well worth it.

There are so many little nice details, from hot water bottles for each dorm bed in the winter, to furniture made from recycled materials, to a shelf full of spices in the kitchen to plastic water bottles you can fill and take on your hike to make sure that you have enough water with you.

It's also a fabulous location, just a short walk from the edge of the crater, perfect for watching sunrises and sunsets. I know I'll be back many times in my life.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I had a wonderful stay at the Green Backpackers hostel. It is in a prime location 3-4 minutes walk from Camel Mountain which in my view is one of the best places to view the memorizing Crater. Lee was very welcoming taking the time to show me all the options for hiking and really making me feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 August 2017

The hostel is directly located at the crater and hiking trails can be accessed directly from the hostel. The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable about the area and happy to suggest activities that suide ones timetable. The room was very clean and quiet. Absolutely recommended!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I loved hiking in the area and enjoyed my stay in the hostel. I have met many friendly travelers and volunteers there. I spend two nights in the hostel (originally planned only one, but I could not leave so quick). We have been watching falling stars together from the ridge, which is mesmerizing experience.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo