Location of hotel is perfect, in between of shops and eateries. A bit further out from the packed Teluk Kemang (approx drive 5mins), which is great for us to escape the crowd and traffic jam.
We loved the pool, it has a very nice setting next to the marina and shaded by trees and hotel building. We totally loved the raggae music all day long. However pool can get a bit murky by evening. Breakfast is average, good enough for us. The servers are friendly and helpful.
Rooms are OK, last time we stayed in Premium room it was fabulously big and comfortable. This time we stayed in standard room, it was OK but i think the dividers are not practical and room was a little bit dusty. TV placement was a bit weird, it was further to the corner and only comfortable to watch on the sofa. Speaking of the extra sofa, we loved it! Comfortable enough to be an extra bed.
Something for Management to consider PLEASE :-
1. Add Elevator from lobby to LL/Carpark (Really inconvenient for us with strollers+baby). It would too for disabled/elderlies guests to go down to the pool and cafe. Plus people coming from pool had no choice to use the lovely main stairs and lobby way to their rooms (RESULT :-wet floors and extra work for the maids)
2. Ramp to the parking Gym/Cafe/Lounge/Bar (The huge stairs can be challenging for us with babies and also elderlies climbing the stairs)
3. Train housekeeping to be more thorough when cleaning/prepare room before guests check-in
4. Change the KEY SYSTEM for room. People are used to tag or insert/pull out to open the door. Instead the hotel's key system is put in key, leave it, open the door. You dont need card to insert inside for electric saving method. This will result guests accidentally leaving the keys outside. We thought we were the only ones having this problem, but actually NO, few guests from our level faced the same thing too! They accidentally leave the key outside because they forgot! If you're lucky, other guests or housekeeping will help to give it back. Our first time were lucky housekeeping took it and passed it back to us. the 2nd time weird someone took it and didnt return it. Since our room was the last room we there's no way other guests took and keep it. We checked with the reception they said nobody returned the key and housekeeping also didnt took it.SO WEIRD. Anyways the management gave us new sets with a RM20 fee T_T Management reallly need to check on this matter and also, having the card insert (inside) will definitely save more electricity (when guest goes out from room).
Overall the hotel is very nice and worth your money. Probably one of the best and kinda well maintained hotels in PD. Will definitely come back for next PD trip
P/S : This is not a beach front hotel, but they have a marina and boat deck. You can walk a bit to go to a 'private beach' next to the hotel. Hotel also have fun outdoor activities for you and your kids to enjoy
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Avillion Admiral Cove reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avillion Admiral Cove Hotel Port Dickson
- Avillion Admiral Cove Port Dickson