1,975 results
All reviews petting zoo garden chalet pet farm water chalet avi lounge day bed crows nest family pool adult pool sand flies the open air shower premium chalet rabbit nice resort sea view roti canai buffet breakfast
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Friendly staff, well kept environment, decent service. For a room that accommodates 3 person, we only found 1 pair of slippers and 1 bathrobe.

Breakfast spread is decent, but there is absolutely no adherence to SOP. The crowd was poorly managed, seating not spaced out proper.

Guards at the hotel have the tendency to greet men but not the ladies. Pure sexism demonstrated in plain sight.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 454adelinec
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Pictures online looked gorgeous. However upon arrival you can tell the hotel is a little tired. We came here with another couple and their kids to have a little respite from the city.

Check in was ok. Like previous reviewers, we waited close to 20 minutes to get checked in. We were given ‘tickets’ for breakfast and lounge access. So it’s like going to the state fair, a coupon for every ride. Shouldn’t this be done through a hotel guests system? Provide your room number and everything pulls up?

Breakfast was very disappointing. There’s no egg station. We ordered an omelette, it came plain. There were no fresh juices, orange juice was from a concentrate. More like a cordial. I understand due to C19 SOP’s are needed, but you can still prepare food without compromising on quality. It seriously felt like glorified canteen food.

We stayed at the 1 bedroom Water Villa. Based on the reviews, the GM has been apologising consistently to countless previous guests, with promises of change and better training for staff. Unfortunately this has not been forthcoming during our stay. Trash were still placed out in front of the pathways, leftover room service plates were all over the pathways, the room fans were squeaky loud, etc.

For 1K a night, you are charging the same as other 5-star resorts with a Junior Suite. Similar price bracket as St. Regis, Ritz-Carlton, Pangkor Laut and Tanjung Jara. Unfortunately the level of care and quality is way off the mark. This hotel is officially rated 4-star.

Rooms were tired. We found an old underwear hanging on the shower head. Toilets were leaking. Massive scaling in the shower area. Broken blinds. Doesn’t really make you feel pampered.

Current pool SOP of the hotel is you need to book for pool usage in 30-minute slots. During check-in, Duty Manager Mr. Rozi mentioned that we can book to use the pool by dialling ‘6’. We did, but the operator told us on the phone pool bookings can only be made in person at the reception. So we ended just going to the pool, and we were let in. While the kids were in the pool, we had a large amount of hotel guests without the proper pool attire in the pool. T-shirts and shorts in the pool?Also same in the adult pool area. We left shortly after.

Avi-Lounge was a big let down, for us at least. 2 drinks only per day. Don’t forget your ticket ! Not quite the club lounge at a Holiday Inn or Courtyard, 4-star rated hotel equivalents. The lounge has a spectacular view, but unspectacular service. I thought the general practice for club lounges is you get unlimited drinks during specific hours?

Wi-Fi was horrible. So if you are planning to do a little work on your laptop while on vacation, forget it. And it wasn’t just our room, our friends next door were having the same issue with connectivity. In this day and age, a stable Wi-Fi connection is the most basic amenity to any hotel. What a massive fail.

The only redeeming experience for us during our stay is the petting zoo. The animals look healthy and it’s a great activity for the kids.

There’s a public beach really close to the hotel. At night during low tide, the locals can just walk over and hunt for little crabs, and they can easily come up right to the villa. Imagine the general public can come right underneath the villa, and there’s no hotel security to protect the guests. Not quite safe is it?

If you are by the villas, it is very noisy due to the proximity of the public beach. You can hear people screaming playing beach football at 11 pm at night. This went all the way up to 3am. Not quite the respite we had in mind. And no, the hotel management did not do anything about it.

I’ve been to 50-year old local hotels here in Malaysia, but the property is kept up-to-date with proper maintenance, and most importantly the hotel staff is the ‘heart’ of any successful hotel. Unfortunately we felt this was nonexistent in this hotel.

This is the longest review I’ve posted here in TripAdvisor, for good reason. We don’t need the GM to apologise again like the others, just do better. We still had a blast in PD with our friends, but we won’t be in a hurry to come back anytime soon. Actually we won’t be back. At the present state, we feel we can find better value elsewhere.

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank aussiedeville
Reviewed 1 week ago

I am not a picky traveller and have been to many hotel and resorts in my life time. Having said that I’m totally disappointed with this resort. Dusty, dirty rooms, aged and non-existent customer service plus only two restaurants open.

Staff:
Generally not attentive and ignorant, struggle to fulfil the most basic needs or tasks when requested. It appears clearly that the staffs are not trained at all or have the skills to attend even when told clearly what we need. The managers are hardly seen perhaps the reason for staffs to be left not guided.
Pool:
The pool was extremely dirty, there was slimy black moss and dried leaves at the edges left. Clear sign of no vacuuming nor cleaning.

Food and restaurants:
The food served here was absolutely a disaster. You’re better off heading into town to eat because whether it is the coffee house or poolside restaurant ; the food was tasteless and oily. Keeps me wonder if the food was cooked by trained chefs! The breakfast was serving cheap stuffs! No match to even 2/3star. What a shame.

Rooms:
I booked a P.Water Chalet suppose to have an ocean view but was facing the Public beach. What a cheat?! Besides the room was the same as the water chalet. I had to request a different room due to the loud music from the beach but was not granted. The pillows were very lumpy, the beds are uncomfortably and the lighting is in the room was really bad. Lamp shade was broken and fused lights not replaced. The furniture has marks of extensive damage,you may find hair on the pillows from previous guests.

BALCONY.
The balcony and the lazy chair were full of birds droppings. NOT cleaned for age. Walking on the balcony was a total risk as the railing was shaky with loose nails.

Overall impression:
Do not stay here. No idea how this resort is still in business in COVID times considering the dirty rooms, mediocre food and the worst customer service. A resort that I will strike off from my future holiday list for sure. Spend your hard earned money wisely.
This was by far the worst resort I have ever had the displeasure of staying at in my entire life. I even took sometime speaking to other guest and YES they re-affirmed that the EVERYTHING here have gone down the hill.I do not recommend this place to anyone. It pains me to give a review this bad, but...it's the truth. *shrugs*

Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank AshwnNbr
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice room. Superb view. Pool, restaurant, staff service all superb. But last day nak tidur jumpa lipas hidup dekat tilam overall puas hati, boleh repeat lagi. Thank you for all the memories.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I have made the reservation in Agoda. I called before the booking no one answered the call. It stated that the bed type (2 single / 1 double) is based on availability. Therefore I made the request for double bed. And I called the property to confirm. But no one answers the call. Then I called the Avilion Group (HQ). A person from customer service tried calling Avilion Port Dickson but no one answered. After 2 days I called the HQ and asked again that "Is the Avilion Port Dickson even exist?" Then they gave me another number which is the front desk's number. One person answered the call and I told him that it took 2 days to contact the hotel. And he was very sarcastic. And immediately asked what is regarding? This happened on 30th Dec 2020 around 11am. I told him that the general number is in Agoda and stated that it's a front desk number and very troublesome for us to contact the hotel as no one answered. Pls put the front desk number in Agoda. He said we are busy that's why didn't attend the general call and in Agoda we put general number. We don't put front desk number.
My concern is whatever number it is it should be contactable not to make trouble for customer to contact.
1. The property put general number in Agoda as Front desk number. And no one answered the call for 2 days.
2. The person who attend the call was so sarcastic. (front desk)

If anyone wants to contact the front desk, this is the number 06-648 3802.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank pushpakalawaty