Transfer from Tawau to Semporna was provided by the resort. Van was pretty bumpy. The bus was a lot more comfortable.
As our boat neared the island, I was truly in awe. The crystal clear water was truly amazing.
I stayed in S105. It is very strategically located. Quite near the to reception. We have a great view and cool breeze most of the time. We even have to turn down the fan at night. My unit was very clean and really spacious. The doors to the balcony opens up to give a beautiful sight of the waters. Only thing is the bathroom really needs to be refurbished. The shower doors gets stuck often and the paint faded. The mirrors are stained. It made the resort looked run down.
Staff were friendly. They drop by our units daily to ensure the balcony doors are closed by evening and put on the mosquitoes repellent.
Food was just average. Can be better improved.
Dive resort was excellent. Equipments were well maintained and staff were well verse with knowledge of the dive sites. Divemasters and boatmen are very friendly, helpful and just fun people to be around with.
Our dive at Sipadan was a little disappointing due to the bad weather.
Would love to come back one day but the cost of staying on this resort is pretty steep.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sipadan Water Village is a resort built entirely over the water on stilts. In its design, Sipadan Water Village has achieved near utopia in its layout, splendid water cottage accommodations with flowered sidewalks, wonderfully prepared Asian and Continental cuisine, and impeccable and personable service! The dive program is comparable to none as everyone at Sipadan Water Village has an attitude and passion for what the sea has to offer. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sipadan Water Village Hotel Pulau Sipadan
- Sipadan Water Village Pulau
- Sipadan Water Village Resort Pulau Sipadan, Malaysia - Sabah