This place should be renamed as Sipadan Water Village Dive Center!! Accommodation, food, services, none is as awesome as the dive! Worst of all, they got me non-diver package and almost cost me my Sipadan Island dive trip, which is the whole reason I traveled all the way there. And from what I heard, I wasn't the only diver guest they mixed up the booking. Another couple who traveled all the way from London had the same problem. But thank God we managed to sort things out (it got pretty intense) and dived at the beautiful dive sites of Sipadan Island.
For divers, be sure to inquire down to the last detail with the resort. I wasn't informed that the orientation dive starts at 11.30am and I arrived 20 mins right before that. It was such a chaos for check-in, briefing, getting ready to dive. I was given a room with full ocean view, which is at the extreme end of the whole walkway, and the dive center is at the extreme end of the other wing, so running around from extreme east to extreme west was pretty much what I did when I wasn't diving. Divers, be sure to get a room starts with M not S. M stands for Mabul, and it's nearer to dive center while S stands for Sipadan, that's far away from dive center. But if you want a good view, get S rooms.
Certainly didn't match the room rate. It's actually far below average. It ran out constantly, flies everywhere, and very limited choices.
Bathroom sliding doors were missing a piece, so there was literally no door to shut. Not a big problem to me cause I was there for the sun the water the dive not the shower. Sliding doors to the balcony can just open all up, you can literally sleep on your private deck under the stars.
Very well maintained. Dive masters are very friendly and fun. There's a really cool deck at the dive center for people to jump off, a really cool feature!
Unfortunately, next time I'm in Sipadan I will not choose this resort again. I'll most likely check out that Scuba Junkie right next door, or Seaventures Dive Rig which is in the middle of the sea, both offer much reasonable price than SWV.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sipadan Water Village is a resort built entirely over the water on stilts. In its design, Sipadan Water Village has achieved near utopia in its layout, splendid water cottage accommodations with flowered sidewalks, wonderfully prepared Asian and Continental cuisine, and impeccable and personable service! The dive program is comparable to none as everyone at Sipadan Water Village has an attitude and passion for what the sea has to offer. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sipadan Water Village Hotel Pulau Sipadan
- Sipadan Water Village Pulau
- Sipadan Water Village Resort Pulau Sipadan, Malaysia - Sabah