Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Free cancellation until 19/03/21
Expedia.comUS$40
Trip.comUS$37
eDreamsUS$44
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 February 2020

A very nice & clean hotel to stay for any business trips and the surrounding is generally quite during the night for a good night rest after a long hard day out.

There is a pool for a quick dip but did not have the chance to use it then.

Room tip: Higher floor rooms should help to get away from the Traaffic Noise.
Date of stay: July 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 20 November 2019 via mobile

I rarely write reviews of hotels as I have always had great experiences... But the Livingston Hotel shocked me.

I arrived at the hotel a little disheveled as I had spent the last three nights on a wildlife expedition on the Kinabatangan river.

As I arrived I was completely ignored by the bell boy and the staff at check in. I struggled with my bags to the check in desk where I was looked at with disgust.

I placed my bags down and handed over my passport. I was continuously asked by the manager if I had a reservation and she then continuously repeated the price and looked at me in a condescending way. She then said are you sure that price is ok? I looked at her and again repeated my answer of yes.

She gave me my room key and I could tell she wanted me away from the check in desk as soon as possible. I asked if there was someone to help with my bags - as I saw the trolley and she then called over the bell boy.

I was shocked at how I was treated, purely based on the staff thought that I didn’t have money!!

Before my river expedition I spent 4 nights at four points Sheraton, the service at the Sheraton was second to none and blows this hotel out of the water.

I would welcome a response from management and an apology!

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Harriet C
Reviewed 26 September 2019

Good value for money but the breakfast is a bit disappointed since there is no fruit available at all as both of us prefer to have some fruits during breakfast. Besides, sound insulation is not not good since we can hear clearly the conversation of our "neighbours". However, staffs are friendly and helpful as well. Room is spacious and location is good too.

Date of stay: September 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 30 August 2019 via mobile

Friendly staff and fast
Superbly clean inside out
Very nice and modern design and interior
Huge and spacious room
Have balcony for smokers since no smoking rules inside the hotel
Breakfast is a must
Worth every penny
Suitable for business and family

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2019 via mobile

I stayed with a group of friends for business. The hotel looks grand from the outside, but as I entered the room, it’s only a big room with minimal decoration, and bedsheet looks quite old. The next morning we planned to have breakfast in the restaurant, but even the basic thing such as bread has finished. It was only 8.30am! They only had fried noodle, fried rice, porridge, and jam without bread, with hot drinks and cordial. It was a terrible breakfast so we had breakfast at the adjacent coffee shop instead. Overall, it was a dissapointing experience. I wish they could improve on the breakfast section!

Date of stay: August 2019