What can I say...this place is a beautiful island 1.5 hours by speedboat from the mainland.
The place is a nature reserve and conservation area for coral and breeding turtles.
Staff are amazing knowledgeable about the nesting turtles.
Food here is buffet but don't let that put you off. The food is amazing, both in choice and quality. Staff are really helpful and friendly.
A place to relax, unwind, early night and easy days...Could not fault one thing.
Will hopefully be back!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour and a half boat rides north of Sandakan; Lankayan has been declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure of white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lankayan Island Dive Hotel Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Resort Sandakan, Sabah