Every kind of tropical reef fish possible, robust and abundant corals, many many larger marine wildlife (turtles, rays, large reef shark -- and that's just around the resort!). A wonderful SMALL and intimate resort with lovely cabins cantilevered over the beach, beautiful dining hall, excellent marine protection center (they assist with patrols and public education) -- on a little island that also has birds and butterflies. Very gracious, enthusiastic, and helpful staff. Well worth the travel to get there! We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour and a half boat rides north of Sandakan; Lankayan has been declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure of white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lankayan Island Dive Hotel Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Resort Sandakan, Sabah