I wanted to relax on a tropical island while on our holiday as it was my birthday. My son and I had a lovely time for the 3 nights we were there.
We're not divers so went snorkelling every day once or twice. The sea life is just gorgeous and it's great to get in warm water every time. We really enjoyed the wide range of delicious food - I was pleasantly surprised with that. The bonus was seeing turtles hatch every night and we even got to see a turtle on the beach laying her eggs. All up it's a gorgeous place to snorkel, relax and see the turtles.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour and a half boat rides north of Sandakan; Lankayan has been declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure of white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lankayan Island Dive Hotel Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Resort Sandakan, Sabah