What a gorgeous place this is! Our chalet was very comfortable and nicely decorated with indoor bathroom and outdoor shower as well.
Staff is very friendly and helpful, food is great.
there are three little sea turtle hatcheries on the island and you can see the babies hatch and can help release them and you can learn a bit about conservation.
Snorkeling is great, you can see a lot of corals, fish, sea turtles.
I wish we could have spent a few more days! I hope we can go back one day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour and a half boat rides north of Sandakan; Lankayan has been declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure of white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lankayan Island Dive Hotel Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Resort Sandakan, Sabah