Wow wow wow! Completely exceeded expectations. The villa on stilts was superb (villa 26 right at the end and the most private) and the balcony was to die for. We set our alarm to watch sunrise with a cup of tea on our last day. So worth it.
The food is brilliant, wine was very good, not cheap for obvious importing reasons.
We did some scuba diving and it was superb I would HIGHLY recommend their dive outfit to anyone, even for a fun dive.
I cannot explain how much this island is like paradise....we watched turtles hatch and set them free in the sea. It's like being in a dream. You must go!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A jewel like tiny island in the Sulu Sea, an hour and a half boat rides north of Sandakan; Lankayan has been declared part of an immense Marine Protected Area to adopt the eco-tourism concept. Unpopulated and covered by thick tropical island vegetation on its topside, this peaceful, untouched little bit of paradise is ringed by an endless pure of white sandy beach, offering simply elegant and exquisite accommodation. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Lankayan Island Dive Hotel Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Sandakan
- Lankayan Island Dive Resort Sandakan, Sabah