Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Agoda.com
US$23
SAVE US$12
Free cancellation until 06/03/21
Expedia.comUS$35
eDreamsUS$35
TravelocityUS$35
All reviews central location english tea house the hotel is clean agnes keith house spacious room stayed here for one night noodles channels
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights, it’s an old building and we were staying in Junior Suite Room. It’s spacious, on the first day we arrived I noticed there’s some spots on the pillow case, bed sheet and duvet. We went to the reception to ask HK team to change and they changed them straight away, there’s no swimming pool and breakfast buffet was great and the waiters waitress are so helpful. Location is in the center, very near to the shores with few of local restaurants that provide a little bit of seafood.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
senthil ilangovan, General Manager at Hotel Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2020

Dear Guests,
Greetings from Hotel Sandakan.
We thank you for your comment and we will take your comment seriously and address the issue.
We would like to invite you back to enjoy the scenic and wildlife of Sandakan.
Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2020

We came to stay at this hotel on 8/02/2020 one night only.
At first my husband reminded them about our booking and the extra bed a day before but the FO replied to him that she wasn't the one who made the reservation but will ask her teammates on it. The next day comes we check in and reminded the FO for the extra bed since that time we only keep our begs and went out for sightseeing.

Only we know when we're back to the hotel the extra bed is not ready yet! Called the HK and after few moments came a HK attendant to bring the extra bed. Very suprising, since my husband reminded the FO several times. How poor it is the communication between FO and HK department that time.

Before that, I paid the extra bed using a debit card but the atm terminal seems to be not working and have deducted my account twice but was credited back and the FO trainee that time(didn't know her name but her name tag says "trainee") insisted that I should pay by cash and I did.
When things get more exciting is when she notified the accounts department the matter and the accounts dept will only be crediting my payment by Monday 10/02/2020. What's more worst is I haven't get the refund as promised until I made this review and it will be one month in a week time now.

I have made my statement regards to my refund to your FO via whatsapp they were very helpful but the accounts department was never co-operative. I know it is only a small amount not hundreds nor thousands. I bet these amounts maybe will take years to be credited.

Please be more efficient and effective in handling small stuff like this in future. Things like this will create a bigger problem. And still hoping to get my refund. *crossed fingers*

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
senthil ilangovan, General Manager at Hotel Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Dear Clare,
Greetings from Hotel Sandakan,
We thanks for your comments and we take the comments seriously. We apologise for the incident. After investigation, we would like to highlight that there were some communication with you from FO watsapp and the communication starts on the day you check in on the extra payment charges to your account. And the last communication to you was on the 19/2/2020. The communication clearly stated that if the refund is not settled "you may refer to us" means let us know". There were no any communication with us after that. Since the charges was on Credit card, it is beyond our control and the refund will take at least 14 working days and this depends on how fast the bank work on your refund to your credit card. This is national wide policy on the credit card refund.
By putting unpleasant remarks in online platform it reflect our reputation as a reputable hotel in Sandakan.
I once again apologise for the inconvenience caused.
Management

Reviewed 9 January 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for one night whilst passing.

The private room was well-kept and afforded a good night of sleep.

It’s central location is a key feature, which made exploring the town easy.

Breakfast was varied enough, although a strong coffee would have been welcome.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
senthil6854, General Manager at Hotel Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2020

Greetings.
Thanks for sharing your experience. We strive to serve our guests with the best experience.

GHM

Reviewed 6 November 2019

spacious room.TV with four or five channels, mostly local.not enough power sockets to use both laptop and phone charging. Not much variety of food in cafe for dinner.
Food hygiene not up to the standard. During breakfast found fly feasting on jam jar

Date of stay: October 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Guests,
Greetings from Hotel sandakan.
We have improvised the menu based on customer demand and nationality. We will take note on the issue highlighted and we will ensure this will not happen again.

We strive for the best experience in the hotel.

Reviewed 5 November 2019 via mobile

We spent 5 nights here. The room is spacious and clean, the breakfast is good enough to start a day (I love their nasi kuning with fish sambal).
Check in and check out was easy.
Parking ia limited but the hotel staff will sort it out for you.
Located near tha English Tea House and Agnes Keith House...also walking distance to San Da Gen Kopitiam.
A little bit quiet at night but i enjoyed my stay in this hotel

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Nanie,
Greetings,
Thanks for your stay and experience at Hotel sandakan.

We hope to see you again.

GHM