Lowest prices for your stay
US$34
US$23
Expedia.comUS$40
Hotels.comUS$40
TravelocityUS$41
All reviews nearby mosque dim sum clean and comfortable rooms borneo tour fresh fruit
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 July 2022 via mobile

Stopped here for lunch during a Borneo tour. Main dishes were self service and accompanying noodle dishes were cooked to your specifications. All the food was tasty and we'll cooked. Fresh fruit and salads were available and deserts were self service. Tea and coffee were included in the buffet price Staff were friendly and helpful.

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank tazzat7
Reviewed 5 May 2022 via mobile

The hotel overlooking to the city of Sandakan with clean and comfortable rooms. The staffs are friendly and helpful. Salute to her security staffs who are diligent and helpful to visitors with vehicles in parking. Good value.
The morning prayer at dawn from the nearby mosque may disturb your sleep.

Room tip: Try to get your room a bit further from the mosque
Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 February 2022 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel because i see many good reviews for this hotel but somehow the good reviews were actually long time ago.

For this hotel, i dont think the service/accommodation  that i received is up to standard with the price that i paid.

1. Limited Parking lot

3. No pipe for toilet

8. Old tv. We tried to use but dont know if ever have any channels to watch or we really didnt know how to use it. We just turned off the tv.

My blood really rushed to my head when i receive the impossible reply. I said i want tonight. Only then he said he will try to ask the housekeeper. Finally, the housekeeper give us 2 bottles of shampoo.

The pros :
2. The receptionist during checking out is good and polite.
3. Spacious room

Overally, i would think it is NOT wise to choose this hotel compare to the price that you pay.

Customer will come back when they are going through good experience. I had BAD experiences and i will not coming back unless there are news that this hotel is uplifted/renovated. Im sorry, this is my honest review. Thank you.

Date of stay: February 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
senthil ilangovan, General Manager at Hotel Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2022

Stay on Feb 2022 (Twin room)

I wonder if Covid19 really took a toll to the hotels in the city center...Many hotels are old and some are already closed. [We maintain our status even we were hit by Covid-19 very badly. FYI we are classified as classic hotel and not old hotel.

For this hotel, i dont think the service/accommodation that i received is up to standard with the price that i paid.

1. Limited Parking lot [We do have service where you can leave the key at the security and they will park accordingly. Unless it is full. So far you are the only one complaint. During your stay we have enough carpark for our guests].

2. Provided plug only ONE in the room? While Plug in toilet only can be used for shaver(2pins i think). Electrical issue happen anywhere. If this is being notified, we will address this.]

3. No pipe for toilet: [we concern for hygiene. We provide bidet which is much better and clean. Unless you have not seen this in any hotel and used it. This is widely accepted by all our guests local and foreigners.]

4. The floor look so old and dusty. I wonder if they ever mopped the floor again before guests are checking in. [The room were just cleaned by the housekeeping department].

5. One of headlights at my bed cannot turned off. Im too tired to discuss this issue to the hotel's in charge. I just want to sleep since i already unpack my things. I closed the lamp with plastic and my shirt. [My advise is to inform the reception and in the room there is a master switch that can switch off all the lights, unless you are not aware on the existence.]

6. The sink's pipe is leaking and burst to the door where i hang my towel and my towel become wet. [We did not receive any report on this from you. We are happy to serve you in any situation.]

7. Wifi is SUPER SLOW like almost impossible to use it and finally i just use my mobile data for HOTSPOT. [Please take note that we provide internet and many guests have commented good about our internet services. FYI, we just upgrade the wifi speed. It might be a situation that the unifi speed is slow which from the provider and beyond our control. We encounter that many time and we are tying to accept the situation and leaving with it as other telco also equally the same].

8. Old tv. We tried to use but don't know if ever have any channels to watch or we really didn't know how to use it. We just turned off the tv. [in mid of upgrading, it is super clear than the new TV at times].

9. We are provided with 2soaps and 2tubes of shampoo/bodywash. Bad enough that the provided 1tube is empty or 1 more is only left a little/almost empty. [this is not true as we throw all the used tube].
When i called the receptionist, he said they will give tomorrow. The answer that i had never received in my life so far. That is the basic necessities that you are supposed to provide which is included in our paid price. What is the use if you give to us tomorrow? Tomorrow we will checking out already then tonight which shampoo we can use? [Sincere apology that this happened to you].

The pros :
1. Provide breakfast. I choose nasi kuning with ayam kurma. For me breakfast didnt really matter because i have transporr to move around and i choose with food the best suited me. [Point taken and we have choice of breakfast when we have less customers in the hotel]
2. The receptionist during checking out is good and polite. [Thanks and this is our service]
3. Spacious room [This is our plus point]

This hotel really need an upgrade or the price should be lower, suitable with what we get. [Sir with due respect this happened to you and we are not suppose to defend us. But we the management team are always available to address your issue and ensure our guests is very happy stay with us].

Sir, we thank you for the inconvenience situation. We rest assure we will give memorable service to you. Kindly contact the hotel management team and we will be there for you. Please take this as invitation to stay with us and we will honour you the right service which you deserve. This is from us and I believe whatever we provide in the room is the best to our guests which we must provide to them.
Management.

Reviewed 19 August 2020

Really appreciate the effort from all staffs, very good hospitality. Room clean & spacious, town view. Great food at Chinese restaurant Dimsum. New & classic dim sum, so delicious. Keep it up, and stay strong.

Room tip: spacious, clean, quieter room
Date of stay: July 2020
senthil ilangovan, General Manager at Hotel Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2020

Dear Mr. Sunny,
Greetings from Hotel Sandakan.
We thank you for your experience in dining at Hotel Sandakan Palm Garden Dim Sum Restaurant. In fact we have revamp the menu to suites the customer's palate. We have Dim Sum Fiesta weekly to ensure our customer enjoy different types of Dim Sum and also other Chinese dishes.
We thanks for your support and also we invite you back to the hotel soon to experience our Palm cafe with latest food and experience.
Senthil
GHM

Reviewed 10 March 2020 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights, it’s an old building and we were staying in Junior Suite Room. It’s spacious, on the first day we arrived I noticed there’s some spots on the pillow case, bed sheet and duvet. We went to the reception to ask HK team to change and they changed them straight away, there’s no swimming pool and breakfast buffet was great and the waiters waitress are so helpful. Location is in the center, very near to the shores with few of local restaurants that provide a little bit of seafood.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank vittaKing
senthil ilangovan, General Manager at Hotel Sandakan, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2020

Dear Guests,
Greetings from Hotel Sandakan.
We thank you for your comment and we will take your comment seriously and address the issue.
We would like to invite you back to enjoy the scenic and wildlife of Sandakan.
Hope to see you soon.