“Amazing Experience !!”
Review of Quiver Dive Team

Quiver Dive Team
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore the underwater wonder of Perhentian Islands with Quiver Dive Team, awards-winning IDC Dive Resort. Conduct all PADI courses from Discover Scuba Diving/Open Water upto Staff Instructor, all PADI specialties and also TecRec. Offering dives tailored to your comfort and experience level. We take your safety and enjoyment seriously. Dive with peace of mind- we are fully insured. Emergency oxygen and walkie-talkie are carried on all our boats, which are manned by experienced Captains and have canopies. Electric compressors guarantee clean air.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Last month, I were shoetring soloing (don't know whether it's a real phrase or not. I meant "solo trip on a shoe string budget"). One of the many thing, I had planned to do was scuba in Malaysia. Usually most highlighted place in Google search is Sipadan in Semporana. But most searched places are often crowded as well as costly.

Eventually, figured out that Perhentian near mainland malaysia, are often recommended if one doesn't wish to go far like to Semporana. So evetually kept 2 days for Perhentian. After landing at the jetty, realised that the water was amazingly clear so one could see shoals of tiny fishes roaming around. Immediately decided to go for scuba there. As had only 2 days in hands, it wasnt possible to go for Open Water Diver (OWD) course.

Roaming around and after to many operators, finally landed @Quiver. Immediately, they understood my constraint and communicated very precisely that if I wish, I can do my OWD in parts. They proposed me to do 3 modules with them and rest at Mabul (as I expressed my interest of visiting Mabul later during the trip ).

After paper work and payment ( best deal I got among many operators around and this included dorm stay and they are really considerate what you say) I started my modules with video lectures and module tests. Christine was my instructor. Trust me she is an amazing instructor. Making me understand the theoretical concepts and understanding the issues usually students have like phobia of water and she was very supportive as well like "take ur time, u don't have to catch a flight" AND finally I survived.

After this I reached Semporana, it was early morning. I approached one agency for the rest of my course. But they were skeptical about thos whole setup. They tried to look for my credentials @padi but as those were not uploaded yet so they asked me call Christine. As she wasn't available at the office that early, but quiver team evetually reached out to her and after some time, I finally got approved because of the professionalism they showed.

So here is my overall evaluation

Professionalism

Instructor
Dorms
Support system
Gears
T-shirt quality

Christine J, PADI MSDT at Quiver Dive Team, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2017

Thank you for your very kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed learning to dive with us. It was a lot of fun teaching you and hopefully we will see you again sometime under the water .

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I did several fun dives with quiver with various dive masters and instructors (Sam, Tom, Christine & Kurt) all extremely knowledgeable, professional yet fun and friendly and made me feel very welcome. Although I wasn't on a specific course I learnt a lot of tips and throughly enjoyed the experience. Very cheap (£13 a dive)and I was able to pay by card for a small fee. Free water and coffee provided. Definitely recommend this dive centre if you are visiting the Perhentian Island.

Thank you Sarah for your lovely review. It was a lot of fun having you around the shop and of course diving with you.

Hopefully we will see you again sometime on our island.

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

I did my open water with Quiver Dive Team, I was very nervous but all the instructors at the shop were very welcoming and supportive. The course took me 3 days to complete and they explained to me very clearly each step of the course. Safety is a priority at this shop and they keep the group numbers to a maximum of 4 so you can get the attention you need.

They have a couple of boats and keep one dedicated for students so the boat always stays at the dive site incase there are any problems. I noticed that not all dive companies do this.

I would highly recommend this company for anyone wanting to learn to dive as they are very patient and really good fun.

Christine J, PADI MSDT at Quiver Dive Team, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2017

Thank you for your lovely review and pleased to hear you enjoyed doing your course with us.

Safety is a priority at our dive shop so I am glad that that this was clear during your stay with us.

Hopefully you can join us again underwater sometime in the future.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Both me and my wife did our AOW under Instructor Kurt, very detail and careful guide given from the beginning to end. Skillful and experience instructor. We were glad being a return student of Quiver Dive Team.

Hi Justin

Thank you for your lovely review. So glad you and your wife enjoyed doing the advanced course with us.

I hope we see you again sometime for some fun dives or even the rescue course .

Reviewed 4 April 2017 via mobile

First of all Anna and the other nice girl behind the reception are so amazing, there always smiling and up for a joke
I pland on doing 6 dives in 2days and ended up doing 10 and stay 5 days
Think that says enough.
Al the dive masters that I had where berry professional and good fun to talk to as well.
I reccomend this place for diving as I would come back here.
Thank you team quiver!!

Thank you Jos for the lovely review and for keeping us entertained while you were diving with us.

We are open until 31 October so will see you again for the divemaster course. Think of all the rice packs you could eat in a month .