Review Highlights
A great intro into free diving

Howie was very patience and attentive towards his students. He tailored his teaching based on the... read more

Reviewed 29 August 2022
LKhim
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
My best birthday experience ever!

I took survival swim lesson with Calvin and W1 with Howie and I couldn’t have a better experience... read more

Reviewed 28 August 2022
Hudaaaaaaaa

All reviews free diving training session patient instructor learn how having fun diving experience howie survival fear mindfulness lesson depth certification students patience teaching skills
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2022 via mobile

I think before you’ve tried freediving, it can seem a bit scary. What with having no oxygen, being deep in the water etc. However, the things that scare us, can sometimes end up in the best experiences - with the right teacher!!

My W1 course had 3 people in it, all with no prior freediving experience. Howie was our teacher and he was amazing. He’s extremely patient, knowledgable, supportive and passionate about freediving. I really enjoyed his style of teaching because it seemed like he genuinely cared about imparting the right skills and tools to explore the freediving world safely while still having fun.

All of the equipment you need is included in the package, the only thing you need to sort out is your food, travel and accommodation.

Although I didn’t get to interact much with the rest of the Andrasa team, my interactions with them were quite warm. I also really like how Andrasa offers Molchanov certification.

All in all, I had a pleasant experience. Def going back soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2022

I took up the Rasa Package (swimming + freediving). Calvin (swimming instructor) and Howie (freediving instructor) were really encouraging, caring and helpful each step of the way. I was extremely nervous for the courses but they were so calm, relaxed, and encouraging that I got over it and had a lot of fun. They will never scold you if you could not manage to do something properly but instead they will guide you and continuously encourage you. Both of them were soft spoken and very nice. I really enjoyed my time with them.

I did not manage to complete my course because of sinus issues but I'll definitely go back to complete it. One thing that Howie said to me that I'll always remember "You have the rest of your life to dive, so it's not worthwhile to keep on pushing and injure yourself".

If you're looking for someone to just certify you despite not having sufficient skills or able to complete the course, AndRasa is not the place for you. BUT, if you want to learn how to freedive properly and safely, with a great and encouraging instructor, then you should take up Wave 1 with AndRasa!

I just came back and I'm already looking forward to go back to complete my course. It was so much fun!

Reviewed 16 June 2022 via mobile

amazing free diving experience! So relax and chill! I was scared about the sea before the trip, but after the coach calm me down, finally can jump into the sea with a little bit fear lol

Reviewed 16 June 2022 via mobile

Scuba divers look outside, freedivers look inside... a Path to Healing, Health, and Happiness with my instructor... The moment with no fear and but warm Howie is an amazing instructor. He is a knowledgeable, caring and very patient instructor.
Throughout the course you would learn a lot about yourself and how your body reacts to the challenge of diving underwater in one breath. Learn to calm your body and respect your body. I love every training session and also after training session with AndRasa. I would definitely be back for more diving training with AndRasa.

Date of experience: May 2022
Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

Ahhh..at last, I am a certified freediver! Thank God! I am super lucky to have Howie Lee as my instructor during my freediving course WAVE 1. And I am the only student during the course, so imagine the pressure?! Haha, just kidding. My instructor is very soft spoken teacher and really suitable for this job. What I can say, he is very dedicated and patient to teach me from ZERO. I learnt a lot of new things and knowledges and I gained a lots (Personal Bests mainly). Even though I am alone (the only student), and do mistakes, he always give me encouragement and tips to solve the problems. I had a very bad sinus (very painful!) during free immersion but I find my way to overcome the pain. The course was not super hard and not easy, but I think you need to be brave, trust yourself, remember the teachings and remained CALM and RELAX. I never thought I can hold my breath longer than 2 minutes and dive deeper more than 10 meter! What an achievement! Thank you so much AndRasa Studio for the course and to my awesome instructor! For sure I will come back for practice and aim to do WAVE 2 later on. See you soon!

Date of experience: May 2021