New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“not a good value” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ayumayang Redang Island Resort

Ayumayang Redang Island Resort
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Redang
Ayumayang Redang Island Resort
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Pulau Redang
europe
“not a good value”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2009

Well, the family bungalows are spaceous, but the upper bed is very hard to reach, not appropriate for children to climb at all. The rooms are being cleaned every three days if you ask for it. You also run out of toilet paper as you don`t get enought. The restaurant is bizzare, you can find better and cheaper food everywhere around, so don`t make mistake and eat at this resort, even breakfast is not eatable, especially if you are european. If you are not there at 7.30 you will get everything cold. They only serve one or two things for breakfast, you are much better off buying some bake rolls next door. The food stalls next door are really great, so is the Redang beach resort`s restaurant. Ayumayang´s location is very nice and quiet and that`s about it. I would choose Redang beach resort next time - great location, service, food, indoor and outdoor games...

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank nera1

Solo
kuala lumpur
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2008

The truth is, this is the 3rd time I went to Redang. Apart from the corals that has lessen so obviously, I am still satisfied with the services and efforts made by the staff of the resorts there, because I go there to relax myself at the white sand and blue ocean.

I’ve stayed in Redang Beach, and Pelangi, and from my experience, I would always prefer Redang Beach, because, IMHO, Pelangi’s room is kinda cramped. But, I think it has to do with the cheaper package price I took. And my worst experience lies in this so called homey little resort named AyuMayang.

Ayumayang, it’s the resort just beside Redang Pelangi, which I think they only have around a dozen rooms. The thing I’m not satisfied the most would be the food. Unlike other resorts that are giving buffet style on every meal, they are giving ala carte. This might be a good way to avoid food wastage, but if I want to be served with tin can food, I might as well camp at the beach and no need to waste my money renting a room there~~

The worst thing is that I and my friends have to eat leftover food which we happily took during the lunch. Apparently there’s a banquet in the afternoon, so in the end we have to eat the leftover from the banquet. I felt like they are treating us like dogs.

I remembered that they always offer us a BBQ dinner on the last night of our stay, and I have to end up eating leftover nasi dagang, and their breakfast is even worse, the so called continental breakfast is 3 little pieces of toast with egg. Not even a sausage or a piece of ham. Damn, I remember they are charging around RM 20 for breakfast.

There are also those small small things like slow services, ignorant staff, and to my disappointment, they don’t ask us question if they don’t understand what our order is.

All in all, any resorts from the island can provide a better service than AyuMayang, they are the worst resort I’ve ever stayed, and I do not recommend any one to go there.

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — the people
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank flyingbell
Sari Pacifica Hotel, Resort & Spa - Redang Island
Redang Derimba
Redang Derimba
#4 of 15 in Kuala Terengganu

Been to Ayumayang Redang Island Resort? Share your experiences!