The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort
US$166
US$138
Priceline
  • Pool
Redang Island Resort(Pulau Redang)
US$78
US$58
Trip.com
  • Restaurant
US$153
  • Pool
Redang Pelangi Resort(Pulau Redang)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
Redang Beach Resort(Pulau Redang)
  • Beachfront
1,389 results
All reviewsgarden suitebuggy servicefishhill viewcliff bayturtle watchinghillside deluxebreakfast and dinnercrystal clear waterwhite sandamazing locationbeach spa resortwelcome drinkpublic ferrygames roomper personredang airport
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The Taaras is very VERY lucky to have that stunning sea set up in front of them, because if it wasn’t for that, nobody would go there! We stayed there 1 whole week, and although the staff is kind and friendly, there seems to be training issues, among other things. It’s an expensive place, its food as well, but we didn’t see that value in much. Our room was dark, dingy and never properly cleaned: mould and mildew visible in various places, and I’m willing to bet that level of unhealthy humidity was in the bedding (I know this because of my allergies). Visible stains could be seen on pillow cases and sheets and towels, so who knows how the laundry was getting done.
The food in the Taaras’s 2 restaurants and beach bar was average at best, IF it was available. Every single day, we were being told plenty of items were not available. There was always something missing, although we’ve also witnessed someone else complaining of the same thing, and because someone else got involved, the requested items suddenly reappeared. Very very strange!! Even if some food was available, many times our requests were being forgotten all together. The servers were trying, but you could tell they were really lost, too often!! Breakfast service needs some work too. Mr Peter Neto, I appreciate your work and don’t dare to imagine what it’s like to be in your position, but believe me, this is not a 5 star resort. The prices are, but the service is nowhere near that status.

Stayed: March 2018
1  Thank Fmc S
TaarasBeachSpaResort, General Manager at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Fmc S,

You are a tough reviewer, judging by the feedback on the other 34 prior reviews.

That said, the team and I humbly accept and take to heart the points raised. The resort re-opened in mid-February after the monsoon closure when we carried out the yearly maintenance works. The ‘kind and nice’ service team comprises of a mix of those who’s families have lived on the island for generations, new recruits from elsewhere in Malaysia and other countries in SE Asia and 39 student interns who are taking the first steps in their careers. Training is key in any resort, and more so for one located on a seasonal island destination where a fresh mostly new team is assembled year in year out.

Supply issues which affect the availability of items on the western menus are being worked on. Please accept my apologies for this.

I believe we met during your visit but cannot tell from the alias used on this website. Please drop me a line if you find yourselves on the east coast in the future so that I can assist in ensuring a more coordinated stay, perhaps in one of our many, much bigger, and brighter rooms or suites. peter.neto@thetaaras.com

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 March 2018

First of all I never thought in my own turf I would be able to have a clear water sea with soft white sand until I saw a programme showing Redang Island as one of Malaysia’s hidden gem.
And my holiday was even glorified with the stay in Taaras. This luxury resort is just wonderful . Let’s start with the stafff. They would go all the way to meet your needs and it was done promptly. The beach was prestine with clear sea until you can see your feet without any sands or slugs. The sand was so soft like powder. There would be a lot recreational activities like snorkeling ,deep water diving ,kayaking ,forest trekking if you get bored with the beach. The food and beverages were ample in the resort.
I would recommend Taaras resort and Redang Island for family and couple but a gentle reminder to love our earth as to avoid tarnishing this heaven on earth.

Room Tip: Stay in the Hillcliff for gorgeous view of the beach or beach front rooms
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
TaarasBeachSpaResort, General Manager at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Dear Khairul Zaman O,

Thank you for your review and I am that glad that you enjoyed your stay, looking forward to welcoming you again to our resort soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I really would like to thank The Taaras team for the great hospitality which is beyond the expectation, my choice was cliff suit sea view and is the best choice to enjoy the view, it is the best place for honeymoon i believe and the beach sand is very very very soft and clean and the water transparency like a glass

Thanks again to THE TAARAS

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank ibrahim k
TaarasBeachSpaResort, General Manager at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Dear ibrahim k,

Greetings from The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort!

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We were very happy to read your review, and are glad that we could contribute to making your trip to Redang Island a great experience.

Your feedback has been shared across the whole team, who are equally delighted to have received such positive comments.

Hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

The Taaras Redang is a beautiful resort. The beach is breathtaking with white sand and azure waters, despite us visiting at the tail end of the monsoon season. But the best thing about the Taaras is their staff. Everyone was so welcoming and went out of their way to look after us. We would like to extend our thanks to everyone who looked after us during our stay. Joey, who greeted us at reception and looked out for us throughout our trip. Mena who helped me find and umbrella when there was none in our room, and the reception staff who came after me in a buggy to send me back to our room despite me saying I’ll walk in the rain. Thanks to Hasni who organised all our excursions, to Asshaf and L, who took us snorkelling and the turtle searching (unfortunately no turtles this trip). Asshaf took good care of us, especially of my mum as she was slightly nervous about snorkelling. He is a great guide! Shahir took us scuba diving and is an excellent instructor and very professional. Highly recommended! We also enjoyed our ATV excursion but we are sorry we don’t remember names! Thank you to the bar tenders, Adi, Putra and Amit. We really enjoyed our drinks and chats. And a big shout out to Azrul, whom we feel has become a friend. Thank you so much for looking after us so well. We have fond memories of Taaras mostly from our interactions with you and all the staff we encountered. I am sorry if I’ve got the spelling wrong for some names and left some out. Nevertheless, we are grateful for the care everyone has extended to us and given the chance, we will definitely be back.

PS: Our only other comment is to consider more local cuisine on the menu. We had a nice discussion with Azrul about this so he has all the amazing ideas to implement

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Sophia L

Dear Sophia L,

Greetings from The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort!

Hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Went there with my best friend for a short getaway and everything was perfect! From the room, the view, the beach to the staff. Definitely recommended to those who want to relax. Might be quite expensive but yeah worth it.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank cieyhayley
TaarasBeachSpaResort, General Manager at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Dear cieyhayley,

Greetings from The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort!

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for sharing your experience with the readers of this website. Hope to welcome you again soon.

Regards