Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Booking.comUS$495
PricelineUS$414
eDreamsUS$495
1,805 results
All reviews garden suite fish the cliff f b crystal clear water ocean front berjaya air turtle watching public ferry welcome drink soft white sand front office dinner buffet a la carte fine sand subang airport monsoon season
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2019

My friends and I had a great time! We stayed 18 - 21 June. Since coming back, we have got the hotel minimum 5 family bookings from our friends who saw our photos and videos. Until today, we're still giving them various tips on what to do at the island and the resort, how to get there etc. Whilst we had a lovely trip, we really hope the hotel will improve on a few things so our friends going there will have a great time!

Positive
1) Rooms are pretty good size, with option for connecting
2) Bed is comfortable - there's a layer of feather topper on the bed
3) The beach is super lovely, water so clear and calm
4) The SEATRU-UMT turtle conservation lab just recently opened. We got to witness the release of baby turtles which was such an awesome experience
5) The resort is next to the turtle nesting beach, so you don't need to book a snorkeling trip. We booked the resort's newly added Ceclo paddle boat, paddled there (about 10 mins of paddling) and dived in to swim with the turtles. It was the absolute highlight of our trip. The Ceclo is eco friendly and so much fun! No loud engines to scare off the sea creatures. Must do this.

Negative
1) Aircond in room 219 was not cold enough. Quite stuffy at night.
2) Not enough sun beds with shade. The hotel added some plastic ones which were too hard and not shaded so it's too scorching and uncomfortable for anyone to lounge there tbh. Perhaps a bit of thought into this before adding things.
3) The service at the Pool Bar is appalling. If you want to eat at 1pm, you gotta order at 11am. Everybody working here is just hoping to avoid eye contact with all the guests. I used to be from the hotel line and I am always understanding and will cut some slack to service staff. I can tell you they have enough staff but they were not well trained and thus afraid to be approached by the guests. Even the more senior staff were not helpful in guiding the newbies. We waiting 1.5 hours for one dozen of satay. At one point we were so thirsty I had to go to the bar, asked and watched the bartender fill up 4 glasses with ice water (because he might run away and do other things, just like everyone else) and I took a tray and served it to my table by myself. Not really what I expect when we're paying this price. If you don't want to serve/don't have the capacity to serve, then provide water coolers/dispenser near the pool area. Ice water should always be one of the available and complimentary amenities. Just to reiterate, service is very bad at this pool bar, food is not great.
4) Breakfast was so so. The sausage was not well cooked.
5) After making up the room, we only had one towel replenished. SO we tried to call the housekeeping to send another one. but the phone wasn't working.
6) Phone in 219 wasn't working.

I'm not even picking on the mini details like the beach towels being a bit old and tattered, the bath robes in the room didn't smell fresh etc. I would really want to go back to this resort again because of the lovely beach and to support the turtle conservation team. We're already planning a company trip to join the volunteer program in a big group. The resort is so lucky to be surrounded with beautiful nature and to host such an awesome turtle lab. Just need to provide lots of training to the staff. Perhaps hire someone from Shangri-La or YTL Hotels to train your people and you'll be truly amazing.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Yvonne L
TheTaarasRedang, Marketing Communications Manager at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2019

Dear Ms.Yvonne L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the positive and kind words share with us. On another note, we are sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience during your stay with us. While I wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. We have since shared your comments with the departments in-charge for their attention and further improvements. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, I can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of.

Reviewed 27 May 2019

We usually stayed at cliff hill deluxe but this time as requested by our children, we choose garden suite. Upon arrival, the room still not ready yet (about 12noon),but they promised to prepare it as soon as possible. so we just wait and hang around, luckily there is a kid club area, so my 2 daughters just spent time over there. However, the room is only available at 2.45pm. Considering i was pregnant, and came with 2 children(10 and 4yo) we really need the room soon,so it s quite frustrated when we have to wait for quite some times especially when my children keep asking to change their cloth and we have to perform our prayer. Well maybe because it s also our fault, as we did put a specific request(the nearest room to the beach,and pool).
With regards the room, yes we really love the suite, spacious and near to everything. The only problem is that,during our stay, there were water interruption, and the toilet smelt weird during the early morning. I hope this things is only temporary.
The breakfast, as usual, a lot to choose and enough to make us full. All the staffs also great and we are really enjoy our time there(as always). As this is our yearly event, we ll definitely come here again next year.
Just my suggestion, if the customer be assigned to the room, hope the housekeeping can make up the room earlier.

Room tip: if budget is not the problem, choose chalet near to beach
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank myra_sany

Dear Ms.Myra Sany,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate the kind compliments extended to us. However, we also sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience during your stay with us. We have shared your comments with the department in-charge for their attention and further improvements. Just to share that our standard check-in time is 3pm. However, we try our best to provide the rooms soonest, based on availability. Nevertheless, we hope to welcome you back to our hotel again.

Reviewed 26 May 2019

A most beautiful spot on the Redang Island. We absolutely loved the white sands and crystal clear waters at the secluded bay which is exclusive to the Taaras resort. Unwinding at the Bayu beach bar, overlooking the quite bay and sipping a cool drink makes you feel in paradise!
The resort has great installations, cosy rooms at the wooden villas (we loved the forest views) and the spa offers services at its best. Every days breakfast buffet is a true highlight and there is a variety of good restaurant options on site; We loved the attention by the staff, though many of them are trainees, they are very attentive, friendly and do their utmost best to make you feel comfortable.
For the odd change of routines and a short walk from the resort there are some simple local restaurant alternatives, offering fresh seafood and tasty local dishes.
The resort hosts a turtle lab on site, we had a very nice experience one evening when guests were invited to release the hatchlings into the sea. Great work done by Lyvia Chong and the lab team!
The recreation center offers a variety of nice activities - our favorites, snorkling and kayaking allowed us to witness sea-life in the natural habitat - truly beautiful memories to last for a life time!
For the transfer from Kuala Terengganu to the Island, we took the public ferry off the Shahbandar jetty (airport cabs take you there in 20 minutes) - there are up to three services scheduled daily, operated safely and smooth. The hotel shuttle picks you up from the jetty on arrival on the island and handles your bags. The resort also offers own exclusive transfer services from and to Merang jetty.
Will be back to The Taaras Beach Resort at the next opportunity!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank romache2400
TheTaarasRedang, Marketing Communications Manager at The Taaras Beach & Spa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2019

Dear romache2400,

Reviewed 23 May 2019

The hotel is located in a superb private beach with ultra clear water and nice staff, but the reasons of my 5 stars are the professionality and kindness of the diving center staff. I´m just a beginner with 10 dives on my book and I felt insecure after a bad experience in Bali. The center manager and the diving master listened to me, helped me to refresh what I learned during my training, designed a diving according to my needs, explained perfectly the diving plan and during both divings they were continuously following me and encouraging me. They made posible for me to enjoy diving again and they did it with a warm and smily behavior that made me felt protected. Super professionals and great human beings. Thanks a lot.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Miguel_Sole

Dear Mr.Miguel_Sole,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel! We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, as well as had a pleasant dive experience. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 20 May 2019 via mobile

Recently stayed there with my family with a young child. The resort is excellent with extremely clean rooms and private beach. In general service is good and friendly staff. However what can be improved further are the followings:

1) food - breakfast spread was ok but quality was poor. Beachside bar food was probably one of the best. Cocktail was bad - we ordered mojito but I could not even taste the rum ...

2) common area rest room is badly maintained as the toilet bowl is almost stucked

3) beach bar - too busy that it was hard to get any order done. The ideal of ordering to your beach table is impossible without a walk over to the counter.

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Iwiek

Dear Iwiek,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We thank you for the positive and kind compliments provided. On another note, we are very sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience during your stay with us. We assure you this this is not our usual standard and we take this matter very seriously. We have shared your feedback with the department in-charge for their attention and further improvements. Nevertheless, we hope to welcome you back to our hotel again.