“Excellent choice”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pulau Redang
Coral Redang Island Resort
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Pulau Redang
Reviewed 29 August 2017

We stayed for 5 nights at the Resort, with full board and 2 snorkeling excursions a day, booked directly from the Hotel website. It has been an extremely positive experience. The resort is ideal for families, it caters mainly European (80% Italians, then French and Spanish) and Japanese customers. The location is very good, in the best part of the beach, it's calm and far from the mad crowd of Chinese mass tourism. The food is good, either the buffet or the menù à la carte. We ate there all the time and we had no issues at all. The room was in one the little houses in front of the swimming pool. Very clean and with all comfort, except tv (but in such a beautiful place, there is no need for a tv!). Beware of monkeys and small squirrels!
Everything is extremely clean and very well kept, the staff is professional and nice. We enjoyed a lot the snorkeling trips by the diving centre: the coral is in quite good conditions and there are lots of tropical fishes, sharks and turtles. I would like to thank the two young and talented photographers (Kai & Joe) that took lots of pictures of us snorkeling! For those who don't want to venture on a boat: there is a cute small reef just around the corner of the Hotel, with baby sharks and lots of small Nemos fishes.
The only negative note is the low number of sunbeds and sun umbrellas compared to the number of customers: not enough expecially if the majority are groups of Italians, with the bad habit of waking up at dawn to occupy all the chairs with their stuff and then show up after 10 to claim their chair and sun umbrella! So please do something about it!

Room Tip: Le camere standard sono sul retro dell'hotel, meglio quelle che danno sulla piscina.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

Came here for a 4D3N full board package . I took the diving package whereas my friend took the snorkelling package. At first we thought it was a little pricy but all the reviews online compelled us to take this resort and damn I must say no regrets. The entire 4days was great. The food is pretty much decent as far as island food goes it's rather good actually come to think of it. The staff are very pleasant and friendly. The dive shop and their staff are great and helpful and knowledgeable, they can pick out cool stuff to see underwater. They are very professional too . Though it be nice if they could keep their communications among them self in English when the others are here cuz many others don't really understand Chinese sadly . But aside from that they were really awesome guides who ensured our safety and comfort and also when I lost my GoPro at one of the dive sites the subsequent day they were kind enough to go looking for it and actually found it. Over all I give this resort a resounding 5 stars . Thank you to AB Lee , Tim, C , Brayan Lim & Rina from the coral redang dive shop. Thank you to Ryan F&B manager for the hospitality and all the staff in general for a great vacation will be back soon for sure .

1  Thank Shanmugam S
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Firstly, I'm not in house guest. My experienced was asking for Wifi password for me to write review how it was an amazing dinner I had and friendly waiters. Apparently, the guy who has walkie talkie was stopping me to use internet. Even your are a guest for their restaurant. I don't think this fair reasons to stop me to use their internet. I don think I'm happy to come back to have food again.

1  Thank Jeffrey B
Reviewed 23 August 2017 via mobile

Nice resort at a good level. Not the highest, but the structure is perfectly in line with its prices (not the highest in the island!).
I appreciated a lot the food (important aspect for me, being Italian), the lovely staff, the cosiness of the place, comparing to other overcrowded resorts on the same beach. Of course, it can be improved: for example, I've lived in a new room which was not ready yet for the season. No fridge, no phone in the room. Franky speaking, it's the first time it happened to me in my whole life.
Said this, I don't have negative comments.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

The second time we were in Redang, we chose this hotel because it seems to be the best option for our family with young children. The superior room was clean and nice, but a little dark even if you turn on the lights and open the curtains so wide.The swimming pool and beachfront were the best features of this resort. Compared with others, they were never too crowd despite the number of the guests staying. Food and service were top notch! Dive center was staffed with experience and helpful people, too!

However, we got one of the rooms with the known monkey problem! We were cautioned when we checked in, but we still risk drying our clothes in the balcony anyway, and boy, the indeed came and almost make everything messy! Fortunately we were inside at the time and managed to alert the hotel staffs. They chased the monkeys away, with the help of firecrackers!

Room Tip: If possible, get the room without the monkey problems
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
35.4 km away
Coral View Island Resort
Coral View Island Resort
#3 of 11 in Pulau Perhentian Besar

Been to Coral Redang Island Resort? Share your experiences!