Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews enjoy your dinner chinese style snorkeling trips min walk beautiful sea included in the package luggage meals resort scuba waves cons pros
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 September 2015

My first Redang trip, and we were a group of 8 and booked the 3days/2nights package. I made the booking process through email with one of the resort staff.

The Bad:
To start with, when we arrived, the reception manager Steven greeted us all. He started to give us a briefing about the package itinerary. He had a really bad attitude, specifically saying, "If you don't come and listen to me, don't come to me later because I will not explain again". Is that how the resort greets the guests? Safe to say it was a very bad first impression.

Secondly, they made an error with our booking and booked rooms for 6 people only, and so there was an error with the payment which totally caught us off guard and caused confusion for all of us, and wasted our time trying to sort it all out and until they could give us our rooms. That man Steven, had that bad attitude again saying that it is not his problem.

The rooms were okay. They seemed bigger in the photos than in reality, but they were clean and the beds were alright. The shower was horrible though, as there was barely any water. There is no room service, and no changing of towels.

Don't even get me started about the food. The first day, I literally had bad stomach aches after eating their lunch and dinner. We ended up having to walk through the other resorts and look for other restaurants to eat proper food, because Redang Reef had absolutely disgusting food. Undercooked chicken wings that barely had any meat on them to begin with, weird tasting fries, disgusting egg pudding, just to name a few. The BBQ dinner on the day was just okay, edible at least.

The snorkeling trip they had arranged for us was nice. Although it was barely enough time - 45 minutes per each snorkeling session is not even close to what other resorts usually offer.

Another thing about Steven. He truly has no concept of managing a reception and has the worst attitude I've seen among staff. I remember going over to the reception to ask him to explain to me the snorkeling session, and he immediately replied with, "Why didn't you understand? How come everyone understands except you?" I mean, really? Steven, that is not how you respond to a guest. If a guests asks you a question, you just answer it straight away and try to be as helpful as possible. His attitude really got my blood boiling.

The Good:
The resort is one thing. The island of Redang is another thing. This island is the most beautiful I've ever been to, and has the clearest water unlike any I've ever seen. You can see your feet and the sea bed even when you're swimming way past the shore. It is truly incredible.

There are also some nice bars and pubs along the beach, with live music and drinks. It was quite a nice way to spend the night with friends and enjoy the time.

If you are looking for relaxation and a getaway from reality, this island is where you need to go. It has unreal beauty, peace and serenity.

All in all, I would definitely go back to Redang, but 1000% staying in another hotel - never again at Redang Reef Resort.

Date of stay: September 2015
19  Thank HalaBeirouty
Reviewed 5 September 2015

This resort can be considered as one of the cheapest resort in Redang Island, however it has its own competitive advantages compared to other resort. There is 2 canteen for this resort and the Canteen 2(this is what the supervisor called) got very superb view at night. Part of the Canteen 2 got an open-air space and you can enjoy your dinner there while looking at the sea wave! Overall the food is nice enough and I think it is worth your pennies if you are looking for a budget hotel to stay.

The staffs there are very friendly and helpful as long as you raise your concern, in our case, my friend and I wished to go Kayak but we had asked in Laguna Recreation Centre(the nearest centre which provided Kayak service) and they said we are not In-house guest and gotta pay RM200 for deposit.

This makes us quite disappointed and we eventually told the supervisor of Redang Reef and he extra offered us a snorkelling trip to look for small shark and turtle. So remember you can always communicate with the staffs and get assured that they are ready to make your journey extraordinary and fun!

Thank you so much for all the great souls we met in Redang Island, be it the staffs of resort or other visitors who stay there together.

Date of stay: September 2015
3  Thank Zee Yin L
Reviewed 1 September 2015

1) Location: Really great, suitable for relaxing and privacy, just snorkelling in resort area, there are fish in rock area (i found baby shark)
2) Room: Comfortable, just toilet bowl is not brush.
3) Amenities: Just okay. Have basics need (aircond, and bathroom), but it is not comfortable to going out and in from the room to collect water in the cafe. (water drinking is much important)
4) Food: Just okay, halal meals, but just wondering either muslim chef or not. huhu. First come first serve basis. If u late, no more. Every meal, just in one hour serving of meal.
5) Check out too early, why not if ferry on 11 am, just check out on 10 am.pity for those having a kid and baby to wait outside

Think the customer convenience, not only want to profit

Room tip: Rooms near a cafe
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank srikandi_jie87
Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

First time here with friends who have been staying here yearly for the past few years. It is certainly affordable so I guess you can't ask for too much. The accommodation is simple but the toilet/bathroom could be a bit more cleaner. The meals are regulated to 2 hours for breakfast, an hour each for lunch, tea & dinner. If you are late, too bad. The waiters serve the food at the buffet line so as to avoid wastage. The food is actually quite good.
I felt like I was in a summer camp, if you are a snorkeler as 95% of the guests are, you have someone with a bullhorn walking through the grounds of the resort, calling out to the snorkelers to assemble.
The resort is located right at the corner within a reef, the water is calm & clear with its own reef. The back of the resort also has its own beach & lagoon which is quiet & quite lovely.
The dive centre is quite small, diving is good, healthy corals & abundant fishes.
One major complaint would be having to carry your own luggage to the boat which will then transport you to the ferry. Small luggage is no prob but imagine heavy dive equipment, whilst walking on uneven sand.
If you want a quiet holiday then Redang may not be for you. The music from other resort actually travels to the rooms & we were situated quite far back.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2015

Wont regret that choose this resort to overnight at Pulau Redang. Room with air-conditional and warm water,it is near to the sea compared with other resorts. Clean room tidy bed sheet and towel provide. The resort is quit small so the beach boy can easily remember us. The things that sell at the souvenir shop is much cheaper than other resorts. You can refill your water anytime or drink water if feeling thirst.

Behind the resort have chair and sleeping rope for you to lie down.

U can see fishes in front of the resort, other resort customer also come to our beach to view the fish. Beside the big stone you can see baby shark. At night this is the only resort can see blue sand, ask the beach boy to accompany because behind the resort is so dark.

There is also meaningful sentences write at the resort area, remember to snap photo with it.

Thanks to Mr Din,aother malay guys as the picture shown with sun glasses and red pant(I duno his name if somebody know can inform me) and a chinese guy, he is dark skin(i duno his name also). Highly recommended Mr Din as your snorkelling guide, he is friendly, he will fulfill what you require for and do extra for it. If u dont know how to swim, no need to be scared, he will teach you and bring you to see the beautiful fishes, baby sharks, baby turtle and corals.

Redang Reef, I started to miss u now~~~, although i just come back from redang island

Room tip: Room is given by stuff after u register. My room is four person per room and near to the cafeteria, just go up the stair.
3  Thank olive5384