“It grows on you”
Review of Riad Baraka

Riad Baraka
Ranked #12 of 66 Chefchaouen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 January 2015 via mobile

We stayed in Chefchaouen at Riad Baraka for 4 days and at first it felt like I was at some strange boarding school with house rules written all over the walls, doors, and the windows. It felt a bit too bossy. We soon got over it though and we actually really enjoyed our time here. The staff are friendly and the owner is very helpful and genuine. It's also the kind of place you don't mind lounging about in too after a day of running around. Decent place to stay... Maybe not the most romantic of places though.

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JDFarrugia
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Thanks for Enjoying the Baraka I understand the signs it's because we are a big house but a medium sized hostel so along withe the spirit of Chaouen we try our best to make a relaxed enjoyable place and ask for a bit of consideration for orther guests I hope you understand Cheers joe

Reviewed 12 January 2015

This B&B Hostel is great. We stayed in a double room with private bathroom and was beautiful. It was in the third floor so it was not really warm but downstairs the common area was quite nice. The terrace is beautiful and the guys running the place are really good. They recommended us really good places to eat. Book! cause its always booked out and its definitely the best choice in Chefchoen, really good.

Room Tip: Both forms and double rooms are really good.
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Daniela V
Reviewed 5 January 2015

Lets start with the Positives: The location is good and the prices are okay. Its doesn't include breakfast but for 35DH you get a lovely porridge. The staff (apart from owner) are great and usually have a smile on their faces and willing to help (when owner not around)

Negatives: The Owner! from early in the morning you can hear you yelling, talking, singing. I woke up early to make a head start to the day. I went down for breakfast and she had the radio very loud and she was singing.. right next to a room where people are trying to sleep. I find that extremely rude. The place isnt large and the sound goes very where. She is rude to her staff and guests and when you try and have a conversation with you she talks down to you when you talk to her!

Other negative is that the hostel is freezing (in winter), and they charge you to use a heater!

I left Chefchaouen with a bad taste in my mouth due to my experience at this Hostel. Real shame as it is a great town.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank Luke K

Firstly I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your stay and I do mean that but to clarify a few things no music is played until 9 am and only at background noise level which the vast mojority prefer to silence Breakfast is 25 dh. I do apologise for my mum being to loud for you and singing in the morning(called chirpy where I'm from) should I turn the music up? What our team at the Bararka do is make the room as Cheap as possible as we our a Budget hostel , so if people want Breakfast they can make their own choice instead of automatically including it in the room price same policy with heaters (downstairs common area always heated) you can't have been that cold because if it was me I would have rented a room heater for three euros . Happy Travels

Reviewed 28 December 2014 via mobile

This is a great riad with very friendly and professional staff. The room we originally booked here was somehow taken but the owner was very honest about this problem from the moment we arrived and we got an other room and free breakfast as a compensation. Furthermore this riad is very clean, very well maintained and has a great view from the roof. We had a very good experience here and we would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Koen B
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2016

Thank you we try and do our very best at the Baraka for all our guests and please do return! Cheers joe

Reviewed 19 December 2014

We only stayed one night unfortunately, but this was a great hostel, friendly, safe and clean, located close to the old town square. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, we felt at home straight away. I recommend this place to anyone who wants to meet some nice folk and chill Out on the terrace.

Room Tip: The four bed dorm or double rooms were best
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Millimollymandy

Thanks for your great review happy you enjoyed our place!