Free cancellation until 27/07
Hotel Casa Miguel(Chefchaouen)
US$62
US$50
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$58/night.

Casa Annasr(Chefchaouen)
US$52
US$38
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$45/night.

Casa Familia(Chefchaouen)
US$24
Aline Hostel(Chefchaouen)(Great Value!)
US$17
Hostelworld.com
All reviewsroof terracethe ownerprivate roommain gateenjoyed our stayhot waterwonderful terracethe location is perfectsurrounding mountainsstunning viewshostelriadmoroccotownvolunteersmedinadorm
Reviewed 11 September 2015

We liked our stay in Riad Baraka, it's a well-kept place with nice staff. The roof terrace is cool and most importantly, the hostel is really clean (cleanest of the 3 hostels we stayed at in Morocco). The only things that we disliked were the shower changing between hot and cold and the feeling that they're a little money-orientated in the hostel: 7€ for a washing machine and 1€ for leaving your luggage in the place after checking out seemed a little ridiculous. Overall, it's a good choice!

BTW: It's easy to find if you follow the directions on their website.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank monsieur_touriste
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2016

Thank you for your positive points on the Baraka clenleness, and you 1 Euro Bag storage does allow you to stay at the Baraka and use the facilities long after check out which most people think is very reasonable and the local laundry charges 50 cents for underwear per item and 1 euro for shirts/ trousers per item we have a 8 kg machine which we use Persia colour guard and comfort and washed by mainly my mum ! We think (know) this is a far more economic and better service than local laundries with the guarantee that all your thing are returned in good order ! Unfortunately we do our best for every one but don't ones you can't please every one .

Reviewed 27 August 2015

Initially had some difficulties with our booking through Hostelworld which meant that we had to spend the first night elsewhere. The hostel they recommended (Hostel Souika) was way below par which was very unfortunate and we'd perhaps recommend double checking your booking.
Once we finally got our room however, we were greeted with a comfortable double bed, decent shower and was provided with a fan when we asked for one. Nice affordable breakfast with three different options available and was quite a social hostel as well. Undoubtedly, the roof terrace was the highlight of our stay with panoramic views of the mountains and medina and comfy seating.
Just a note, the hostel owner, Anne, was lovely throughout our stay despite what other reviewers have said.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie T
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2016

We're really sorry about your double booking which we fixed the following day and thank you for being so cool about it even though it was a double booking through Hostelword we take full resposability . We're so glad you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your compliment about my lovely mum!

Reviewed 5 August 2015

Riad Baraka is gorgeous! It feels like you are staying in a large family home and it has a really “homey” atmosphere. The room & entire Riad are really clean and well kept (they were painting the day I arrived). The shared dorms aren’t huge, but there is enough space between the lounge and terrace, that it is no problem at all. The terrace is amazing and a great place to hang out with other travellers. A delicious breakfast is offered, however you must pay for it (worthwhile). My only complaint was that I was not allowed to shower after checking out despite my willingness to pay for it. We had gone on a hike in the morning and after sweating for hours I desperately wanted a shower before taking a bus & night train back to Marrakech. Despite much pleading, my request was denied. I felt that this was a simple request and being refused was just bad customer service and bad hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank travealddicted
joechaouen, Owner at Riad Baraka, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2016

Firstly thank you for your positive comments on the standard we keep the Bararka I can only apologise that you weren't allowed a shower after looking into the incident you returned six hours after checkout and were greeted by a new member of the team who didn't know you. I will of course take responsibility for this as the owner and offer you my full apology as I train the team in future I have asked if such requests are made check the register and if the Guest as in your circumstance checked out that day please grant the request, we do our best to improve our service Thank you Joe

Reviewed 4 July 2015

I haven't even left the hostel yet but I couldn't wait any longer to leave a review. The hostel is lovely and absolutely gorgeous. They have a wide variety of room choices and each of them is spacious enough. The whole experience is amazing. The hostel is incredibly clean and the staff are all super friendly and devoted to providing a nice experience in Chefchaouen. Breakfast is only 25 dH (~$2.50) from 8:30-10:00am and you get delicious food, juice, and tea/coffee. The portion is a touch small but it's still amazing value.

There's also an amazing rooftop terrace where you can chill and chat with other hostelgoers while experiencing the Moroccan evening from above.

You also get free towels, a small locker for valuables, fans in each room, etc. They do money exchanges in the hostel. No kitchen or fridge but that's not really proved to be a big issue. The wifi is free and is pretty good.

Honestly if you are coming to Chefchaouen you just need to stay here without considering any other options. I feel so at home, I wish I could stay longer. Will definitely be back if I make it out to Chefchaouen again.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Brody W

Thank you the Baraka is like my baby so when I get reviews joke yours it's better than being Piad for the stay thank you and thank you for appreciating what we have to offer!

Reviewed 4 July 2015

I don't even know where to begin. Chefchaouen is such a magical city in and of itself, but if you wander the tight, blue paths you'll eventually stumble across an absolute GEM of accommodation. As my title indicates, I'm coming up on 4 months of traveling, between Australia, Southeast Asia and much of Europe and this is most definitely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. From the pleasant staff, to a high standard of cleanliness, to an amazing breakfast menu (about 2,50 euro for each option!), to a beautiful roof terrace, to good facilities, to strong WiFi, to an endless list of restaurant and sightseeing suggestions, to a laid back, friendly atmosphere...the list just goes on. I'm not sure I can do it justice, but I feel really strongly that this is one of the better hostels you'll ever come across and I HIGHLY recommend spending a few nights here. My only regret is that I only got 3 nights and could have stayed for a week or more easily! What a lovely place!

Room Tip: In the dorms, top bunks don't have rails so take the bottom if you're a roller :)
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jeremy D

I am so glad you enjoyed our little magical town I also can't thank you enough for your recommendation of the Baraka and your high praise, I put all I had into the place and it makes it all worth while with a review like yours a big thank you !