“SO comfortable!”

Riad Baraka
Ranked #12 of 66 Chefchaouen B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 December 2016

CLEAN.
Friendly staff who are very funny and offer great suggestions for hikes and where to eat in town.
Friendly group of travelers when I stayed there, I had many interesting conversations and it seems to attract a cool crowd.
The most comfortable bed I've ever had in a hostel, they are comfy with proper duvets and everything! I stayed 3 nights instead of the one I had planned on, and the beds actually contributed to that decision.
Really nice breakfasts, made to order, for 25 dirhams. Totally fresh and beautifully presented.
Seconds from the market and restaurants, minutes from ATMs and taxis. Awesome location.
Cozy rooftop terrace with beautiful mountain views.
Cozy main common room indoors, which was nice because it rained the whole time I was there...the only hostel I stayed in that had space heaters in the common area when it got too cold!
Clean bathrooms.
Will be back if I'm ever in Chefchaouen again!

Room Tip: Avoid the main floor if possible, you can't sleep in past 8am because breakfast is served right...
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank KirstenRoche

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

Location: Excellent. In medina

Riad: Colorful and nicely decorated. They have a common area in the entrance of the riad and a roof terrace. Music is often playing. It was rainy and cold during my stay, so most people were trying to stay warm in the lobby. It is a cramped area with not much seating but it worked out.

There is a toilet in the lobby and another in the shared bathroom space, along with two shower stalls. Although it doesn't seem like enough for the number of people, I never found myself waiting. The shower was hot on the first day and warm on the second. The bathrooms were very clean at all times.

Room: dorms have 2-3 bunk beds. bottom bunk has good amount of head room. Beds are comfortable. They don't come with as thick blankets as I have had in other places but it was okay. There is no heater in the dorm rooms.

Vibe: Very busy and social. Could be anywhere in the world. No Moroccan feel whatsoever. There are signs everywhere advising one what to do/not to do.

Amenities
Wifi is strong and reliable.
Breakfast is offered for an incremental $2.50. There are three options and doesn't look/feel Moroccan which might come as a welcome change for some travelers. On a bright note, they have proper British tea, however, they do not have any Moroccan mint tea on hand.
They will hold luggage after check out time but for a $1 fee. I have never seen anywhere else in Morocco charge for this service.
Laundry is $7, which is quite pricey.
They do not have cutlery to use except for during breakfast.

Staff
Staffed by 3-4 international travelers. The British owner stays in the background (e.g. Kitchen) and doesn't interact with guests.

Overall, the hostel was fine. It delivers on the things it needs to..beds, showers, location, wifi. It just felt more transactional and was missing something less tangible for me.

Stayed: December 2016
1  Thank Alera
Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

I had a shocking week in Morocco and had absolutely no desire to come back until my last stop in Chefchaouen. I arrived at the Riad Baraka and OMG! This is a little slice of heaven in a truely magical city. The hostel is amazing. From the friendly Welcoming Staff to the bloody nice clean hostel. I was shown around by one of the lovely staff, who concluded the tour by showing me the stunning rooftop terrace. I'll never forget the welcoming I got on the rooftop terrace that day. That family vibe along with the "party" side really made my stay that little bit much better. My only regret to this whole experience, was I left the best to last and only booked 1 night as I had to catch a ferry back to Spain. I'll be back!

P.S special shoutout to Workawayers Joe & Cody for all the love and hospitality. First froffie on me in your home towns.
Don't forget to buzz me when you make it down to the world's most liveable city Melbourne so we can get rowdy.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 November 2016

this is by far my favourite place to stay in morocco. the hostel has been renovated to a high quality and the staff are super friendly. they also have double rooms for couples that are private. i would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2016

After the hustle and bustle that is Tangier, our time at Riad Baraka was like stepping into a new world. We have no complaints about our double room with bathroom. The breakfast options were all lovely and priced fair. The owner and her staff run a professional--albeit, laid-back operation--effectively keeping guests happy. They are eager to organize tours and answer any questions about Chaouen. The riad has a very social environment. The cherry on top, however, is the rooftop terrace that provides nice view of the town and the perfect spot for any time of the day.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple