Auberge Africa(Merzouga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$23
US$21
Kasbah Bivouac Lahmada(Merzouga)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 29/07
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewserg chebbiswimming poolsahara desertcamel ridelawrence of arabiasand duneshot waterberber musicmorocco triphighlight of our triptaginekasbahstarsguidetentterracedrum
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The location is good, on the edge of the desert. The owner and his staff picked up us at the petrol station and brought us to the Kasbah. The room was quite big, but the food was less variety. We had a 2 days 2 nites on the desert, Mohammed the camel man was very nice to us. The problem was my boyfriend did not deal the price very clear, we thought that the price was for 2nite in the desert instead of price per nite. It was very difficult to ask how much the price from them, and also when we wanted to pay they always said later and later and end up we paid more than we expected on the nite before we leaved.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmyEmyEmy
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel as part of an Experience It tour a couple of years ago. We didn't actually stay in the hotel so can't comment on that, but the night out in the desert was just incredible. The food was wonderful, and there are even cats out in the desert tents. The only bad thing was that it was cold. I ended up sticking my head under the covers til I couldn't breathe, then letting my face out, where the air was so cold it kept me awake. But the place itself is beyond description-imagine having a shower out in the desert! We didn't, because it was too cold to be getting out of a hot shower, but the tents themselves are just incredible, right out of arabian nights.

At night we were given a very wonderful meal, some of which went to the cats!:) Then the guys set up a fire, and played music for an hour or so, which was very entertaining. A little while later we could hear them playing to another tenting group. The only complaint I can think of is that I would have liked to have gone a little further into the desert. You are in the dunes, but you can still see the hotel behind you, which took away a little of the magic. But maybe thats a bad idea, I don't know. I thought the desert would be the highlight of our trip, but Morocco is so amazing that in the end, the desert is fairly far down the list. However, as they say, its something you've got to do once in your life.

Nothing bad can be said about the service or anything. The guys escorting us out on the camels to see the desert sunset were very friendly, even lent me a scarf. They are quick though! The child in me came out when we were on the dunes and as we posed for a picture on a sand dune, I tried to trip him, but ended up flat on my back! He apologized, but I made sure everybody around knew what had happened. Good to see that people are so similar all over the world! I'll provide a picture so you can see the evidence.

If you are going to Morocco, you definitely want to 'experience it'.

Room Tip: Tent...not hotel
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This place is amazing. The people that run it are wonderful and do everything to make your stay as perfect as it can possibly be. The food is great, the camel ride into the desert is something that is worth going half way around the world to do, the rooms are comfortable and stay very cool when it is too hot to go outside and watching the sunrise with a glass of sweet tea was one of the highlights of my trip. You can not do better then to stay here.

Room Tip: Not sure, just let them know what your needs are.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 October 2013

The brothers/owners, Mohammed and Yusuf, have an impressive and easygoing atmosphere - an incredible value for the budget-conscious. All the staff were incredibly friendly and offered everything on site that we needed (meals, water/drinks, etc.) and arranged our overnight camel caravan into the dunes right from here at a very reasonable price. Walk out the front door and you are right at the foot of Erg Chebbi dunes. We joined staff playing wonderful music at night under the camel-hair tent and moonlight, and there are large, colorful common spaces to eat, read, use WiFi or relax. We liked that the location was a way out of the town of Merzouga, maybe between 12-15 km away?, and therefore quiet and incredible night skies! Be sure to ask the owners for a pickup from Rissani or Merzouga as currently most tourist buses (CTM and Supratours) are only available as overnights from Fes and Marrakech and arrive quite early in the morning before most things are open. But then again, if not, you will likely just be treated to Berber hospitality as we were, kindness abounding out here with peope more than willing to lend a helping hand.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Siri M
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We've been in kasbah erg chebbi for one week, it has been an amazing experience. The hotel is awsome, well located, in the middle of the dunes, you can really feel the nature, you can enjoy amazing nights under the stars, sunsets, sunrises... and you have also a swimming pool!! I don't have words to describe the hospitality of the people from the hotel, they've treated us as a family and they've given us all we need. I strongly recomend this place for all the people who really want to enjoy the desert and to experiment new feelings, to know themselves, to share, to live... because there are very few places where you can feel as home, and this is one of them! We will come back for sure!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends