“Nice hotel, superb desert camp”

Hotel Kasbah Mohayut
Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Merzouga
Reviewed 4 July 2011

Kasbah Mohayut is situated in an ideal location right in front of the high dunes. Unfortunately we arrived in the middle of the summer when it's torturing to walk outside during the day (45-50 degree celsius) but luckily there's a lovely garden / swimming pool at Mohayut to help keep us cool. Rooms are nicely decorated with a berbere touch (we were given two rooms, one a bit smaller near the reception area, and the other a suite with huge living room and right outside the swimming pool). We also booked our private desert camp and 4x4 excursion with the kasbah. Despite being a bit pricey (50euro per pax) the desert camp was definitely worth it: superb location in the middle of the desert away from the town, flush toilet (an absolute plus, you wouldn't want to do it the "natural" way in the middle of the night), and the best camel-man/ guide Mohamed (genuine, fun, multilingual!). As for the 4x4 excursion, we had to cancel it as I caught cold after the first night desert camp (I slept on top of a high dune instead of inside the tent, not the kasbah's fault). The staff at Mohayut willingly did it without any cancellation charge. Very nice people!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jacjac0120

Reviewed 17 June 2011

Mohayut was the departure point for our overnight stay in the desert, so we didn't sleep here but we had lunch before departure plus breakfast and a shower the next morning. The kasbah was nicely decorated, with a small pool area. Lunch was 80 dirhams for 2 including a big salad, bread and water. Breakfast was included in our arrangement and was served with bread, pancake, eggs, fresh juice and fruit. We asked if we could take a shower before our departure and they let us use a standard room with bathroom for free. The room was small, but it looked clean with a separate bathroom. I would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2011

This being my first trip to Merzouga, I had no idea where to stay. I chose Mohayut based solely on the recommendation of the tour company :The Best of Merzouga That organized my 4 days trip to Merzouga. When I arrived, I couldn't believe how nice it was. The staff was wonderfully attentive and the room was very modern and up to date and very clean. The bed was oh so comfortable. The camel trekking was a great experience. It's a great way to meet travelers from other countries and exchange stories. The hotel couldn't be more centrally located. Yes, you could stay at fancier hotels and pay far more, but it wouldn't be any better than what you get at the Kasbah Mohayut. When I go back, this is definitely my first choice.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2011

Mohammad and the staff at Mohayut are fantastic and my stay here was wonderful from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. I only wish that I could have stayed longer. The place is simply beautiful and the service was very friendly and accomadating. It surpassed all of my expectations and my time here was a highlight of my month long trip throughout Morocco.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2011

We had a great time in erg chebbi at Kasbah Mohayut which is one of the best and cheafrul accommodation near by Merzouga at the village of Hassi Labied which located in front of the dunes.The Kasbah stuff are very helpful and friendly.Of course, the camel trek was a once in a lifetime experience, not to be missed. I hightly recommended this wonderful place to everyone who wish to visit Merzouga .

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple