See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 26 May 2018 via mobile

I was at Westwood Hotel, Awolowo Road, South West Ikoyi to have dinner. The GM, Chris Odor, recommended the seaside bar. I had steak. I thoroughly enjoyed my meal, as it was well prepared. It took a little too long though; I guess 30 minutes.
The seaside sight was serene and soothing.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Chriswell W, General Manager at Westwood Hotel Ikoyi, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

thank you Mr. Willy for this wonderful comment and for the fact that you "thoroughly" enjoyed your meal. We would work on the timing.

Reviewed 22 March 2018

Okay, i must admit i paid for a better room the first time out... so got a better room as it was part of a conference package. Let me start with the pluses... Great view of the 3 Cowrie creek i think it is called and the Lagos Lagoon area, as well as VI and its bridge. The higher you go the better. The food was really good.

The minuses: The hotel is next to the water police dept, and if you get up too early, you may be surprised to sight someone having a bath in the open :( . the air conditioners in my room alternated, first room the sitting room worked and the bed room didn't, and when i changed rooms it was the opposite way around. By then was too uninterested to ask for another change!

My second trip, i was given a room with rising damp. I did not appreciate that and told them so in no uncertain terms, they were nice enough to change the room, but i was disappointed they even felt someone should stay in that room in the first place.

My suggestion: check the rooms carefully and ensure you insist on a change if you see anything you dont like.

A bonus: they can arrange boat rides from the hotel, so don''t miss that opportunity!

Stayed: January 2018
Chriswell W, General Manager at Westwood Hotel Ikoyi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Dear Madam,

Firstly, i would like to thank you for taking the time to express your concerns and displeasure on this platform.

I am very disappointed to read your experience on your second visit to the hotel, Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience with the rising damp on the wall due to some plumbing issue inside the wall caused by burst pipe which is totally unacceptable.

We have carried out repairs in some of the rooms affected by this particular problem, some of the pipes are already weak and could no longer withstand water pressure.

I certainly empathise regarding the other points you mentioned in your review especially with the air-conditioner. I am pleased to announce that most of the old ACs are currently been replaced with new Panasonic air-conditioners. Though some of these ACs issues has to do with the settings from the remote control which can sometimes be complicated.

It is good to know that you are really satisfied with our FOOD, thanks to our new Executive Chef by the name DAPO AYILEKA. Since he joined the Westwood Hotel ikoyi Team last year our customer food and restaurant experience has been wonderful, kitchen is well and better organised with new experienced cooks and kitchen staff. He is also good in Italian Cuisine in case you are lover of Italian food.

As part of innovative strategies, the restaurant is now known as the COWRIE CREEK RESTAURANT with newly renovated furniture and the lounge area newly restructured with a WOW interior decor for customers to have a good relaxing experience.

In the rooms also, we have carried out a lot of renovations, with purchase of new ACs, new flooring, carpets and furniture. Still on-going.

kindly send us your contact details to gm@westwoodikyi.com for more update on the positive changes the new management has put in place to ensure our guests experience is positively a memorable one as we invite to visit us again soon or first visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/westwoodlagos/ to get more update.

Thank you for your gracious suggestion to other guest in the second to the last paragraph of your review. Really appreciate that.

KR
Chris Odor

Reviewed 14 March 2018

My husband and I wanted a short getaway over Christmas 2016 and we chose the Westwood Hotel.

Hmmmm. Our room was not great. The carpet was dingy and very worn in many parts. I didn't feel comfortable walking around barefoot on it. The bathroom also showed lots of signs of wear and tear. Yes, you know that some amount of wear and tear will happen, but you also expect a hotel to maintain their premises as much as they can.

The breakfast offerings were not very exciting or diverse either.

Basically, the hotel is an alright place to stay but nothing special. Some time has elapsed since we stayed there, so maybe things are different now.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Madam,

I am very disappointed to read this your experience on your second visit to the hotel, Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience with the carpet, the state of wear and tear of the bathroom which is totally unacceptable.

Yes, things are definitely different and it can only get better like i would always say but kindly bear with us as we are working hard towards perfection.

kindly send us your contact details to gm@westwoodikyi.com for more update on the positive changes the new management is putting in place to ensure our guests experience is positively a memorable one as we invite to visit us again soon or first visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/westwoodlagos/ to get more update.

Thank you once again for your understanding, my regards to your husband and hope that your breakfast experience on your next visit to the hotel would be a Wow experience.

KR
Chris Odor.

Reviewed 28 January 2018

Checked in on a Saturday. Saturday Night at that.
Everything went pretty smooth.
(for those not from Nigeria... Weekends are a bit (a lot) laid back in Nigeria... the 24/7 concept has not quite kicked in here.

Room rates begin at Ngn30,000 (USD82) - IF you check-in at the front desk.
It costs Ngn35,000 (USD96) and UP - If you check-in from online platforms

Felt a bit like a maze down stairs at the lobby area. I kept getting lost to get to the elevator. Kept confusing the way to the pool area and the buffet area. (though now I know they are kinda connected. you'll get the hang of it.)

Rooms are lovely. Bathrooms spotless and relaxing (though there are no bath tubs at the superior rooms. I assume these amenities are for the suites).

they put me on the 7th floor.. so YEAH.. views were great... woke up to the rising sun. Awesome.

They have the most amazing hideaway (the upper deck lounge) this place is all white, with rattan chairs and a nice quaint bar.
It looks like the side of a cruise ship with the rails and all, but, has all-glass walls. The overall feel here is like being on a cruise ship in the Mediterranean..

They serve Sheehsa and fresh blended juices and good coffee and tea. I recommend their sandwiches and barbecued fish or chicken.

The room service staff has the cutest knock. kind-of sounds like Tat tadadat ta....tat da. and the quickest service I've experienced in Nigeria.

The rooms are quite modern with simple designs and a warm chocolate brown Wenge with Beige walls and warm lighting. rooms smell good. Well my room did.

there is a mini fridge and not a mini bar - per say - as there is only 1 bottle of water in the fridge - not bad though.

they are located exactly by the Lagos Lagoon waterside. Meaning;

1) they have a speed boat you can rent to just cruise around or take you to 2 GREAT beaches... Tarkwa Bay and Inagbe Resort..(both of which are just 15 mins boat ride away... you can ask the the boat to wait and bring you back to hotel..

2) if you fancy eating out.. you can take to boat to Lagoon Restaurant, Jest Ski Club or Primi Piati.

3) the pool faces the waterside so again laying by the pool feels like a you are still on a cruise.
please note: Do not expect 5 star amenities or service, now should you expect a 4 STAR... BUT DO EXPECT A GREAT 3 STAR.

Room Tip: get anything from the 6th floor above, and pay over the counter fro the best deals
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
3  Thank Charie B
Reviewed 25 January 2018

One of the benefits of being a tour operator is to be able to get good hotel rates and discounts, Westwood Hotel Ikoyi happens to be very good with that especially if you are a frequent customer. I want to commend this hotel for this. I also got good feedback from my clients as well. I recommend this hotel do check them out.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business