“Interesting Restaurant”

La Veranda Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 278 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Italian food is sacred and Italian culture revolves around the kitchen and more importantly the food at La Veranda where every dish is crafted with such care and thought. La Veranda is an elegant and cozy restaurant, overlooking the relaxing pool area at the Blowfish Hotel. It serves real Italian food in a bright and quirky ambiance with a breeze of Italian charm. No expense has been spared in La Veranda to ensure that only the finest ingredients are used. From the fresh tomatoes in our homemade tomato sauce to the finely sliced Beef Carpacio di ruccola and our wooden oven succulent pizzas, all our ingredients are carefully selected and imported to give you the best Italian culinary experience in Lagos. We have both indoor and outdoor seating. In addition to pasta and pizza, our menu also offers steak, chicken and salads. Eat-in, take-out and delivery are all available options to suit your needs
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Want to have a group dinner? Or an open air dinner? This restaurant has a delicious line up of meals especially if you love pizza, meat and fish. We went in a group of 20, so i do not know what it looks like to dine here privately. But the restaurant has a blend of locals and foreigners.

Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

I have been here numerous times and have always enjoyed my time there.

The food is generally good and service is moderate. They need to work on the limited wine list as they do not have much to offer.

The pizza and pastas are great and it's highly recommended. The mains are ok and appetizers are to skip as the portions are quite huge.

Reviewed 11 September 2017

I always order the same kind of pizza (Romana) when I go to La Taverna and it never disappoints! I love the thin crust pizza dough, perfect distribution of cheese and toppings. It's light but not too light. It can be shared with another person or you can finish the entire plate depending on how hungry you are.
The ambiance is beautiful, you can sit by the pool and order the food from there. It's especially nice at night when the lights are reflecting on the water. Service is also good. I haven't tried any other food from the menu so I can't really say. However, if you're looking a good thin crust pizza- give this place a go!
p.s if you like it spicy, they have a spicy oil which is flaming hot! Do try but use sparingly or you burn your throat lol

Reviewed 4 September 2017

Visited the restaurant yesterday with my husband and our two kids. We had the seafood soup, bruschetta, the Lasagna al Forno, a pizza and the ricotta and spinach ravioli. Everything was delicious and served piping hot! No dish let us down. And the portions were VERY generous. I can't say enough about the food. The pizza we were served wasn't exactly how we had ordered it, but a fresh one was made before we even suggested it. That is very unusual in Lagos. 5 stars for food, two thumbs up for service. We'll definitely be back!

Reviewed 11 July 2017

Sitting outside by the pool in the evening is blissful. I enjoy this restaurant as a corporate hangout. It has great food and reasonable service - and prices are OK. The setting is just great. The issue now is to keep the consistency. I noticed recently that availability of products is again becoming a problem - and this reflects badly on management. No mozzarella cheese today. No Riesling white wine. This is when it starts going down. So a note to the team on ground. Love the place. Get the purchasing going again.