“Sexist and Discriminatory. Avoid if Female!”
Review of The Office

The Office
Ranked #153 of 270 Restaurants in Lagos
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Pizza, Grill
Description: Put your feet up and gaze into the scenic views of Victoria Island. Our roof top terrace is just the place for your after work chill out zone
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

March 19,2016. The Office Bar. Apparently single unaccompanied ladies cannot access this bar. Please take note that one of us was an in house guest staying in room 316. And she is a diamond Starwood member. I beg to ask what criteria does this guard use. Did she decide because I look sexy that I am there to sell my body? How exactly does she choose to profile which single ladies to allow in and not. The guard called Joy actually barred me access and asked me where I was going and when I told her I was going to the bar she said there was no bar there. I have been to that bar before and I asked what the issue is and she had the nerve to say no single unaccompanied ladies allowed. So basically all single ladies are prostitutes or what are they trying to imply. In lagos of all cities! I would even call this act close to racist if anything! Never ever visit this hotel!

Reviewed 20 July 2015 via mobile

This is a bar area in the Four Points Hotel where food is also served. The name is presumably for the small indoor bar but the reason for going is the outside space which is nice from dusk onwards. It doesn't have much of a view from the second floor but it's a nice place to sit and I've been there as a couple, with friends and business groups.

The staff are nice and helpful but service can be slow (especially food). There is a cocktail list and a limited range of food. Some nice barbecue grilled suya, prawns and fish are the best options. Burgers are also ok.

Reviewed 14 March 2015

I usually take pictures for my reviews, I have to apologize as this time I totally forgot. I took a picture of only an empty plate after we finished eating.

I hate to smoke standing up outside the hotel, so I tried to go to The office bar in the afternoon to discover it only opens only after 17:00. It is a nice place to sit outside and enjoy a breeze of fresh air after being locked up all day inside the hotel for meetings.

The Office is an open air bar that has garden furniture, comfortable to sit and relax. The greatest advantage The Office has; is the live BBQ station and they also serve Shisha/Hooka. If you are away from home and you are missing your hubly bubbly this is the place to be. The furniture is not very practical if you are there to eat. The tables are too low, but for drinking and Shisha smoking it is very comfortable.

We ordered grilled food from the BBQ. I ordered a Sirloin Steak medium well, I wanted to make sure there is no blood in it but still moist. My work colleague selected a whole grilled fish. We also ordered two sides of French Fries.

My steak was perfectly cooked I couldn’t have asked for a better piece of cooked steak. The quality of the meat was so so… The steak itself gets a 5.5/10 but the cooking gets a 10/10. Unfortunately the Chef wasn’t as successful with the fish. I don’t know what to say?! It seemed as if the Chef grilled the fish on one side and forgot to flip it to the other side. Fish arrived cooked on one side but still raw on the other?!!! Not sure if it was the lack of lights, or the chef was just tired and simply forgot. The fish was is a disappointing Zero. My work colleague was so hungry he ate the cooked half and left the other untouched. He compensated on the fires :) Strangely enough my fries were warm and crunchy while the fries on his plate were cold and soggy?! I can’t explain that? I think it was Karma LOL!!!

Compared to the rest of the Hotel, The Office Bar is understaffed. One waiter can’t cover the service on his own. So I can’t say that the service is bad, this guy was way over stretched. There was 3 waiters in the Adrenaline Bar (less than one third the size of The Office) while in The Office Bar we had just one waiter. The Chef had to attend the BBQ and wait tables as well?!!! So maybe this was not the best day to review The Office and I would definitely give it another chance.

2  Thank Amr_Heikal
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Second floor of the four points Sheraton on Victoria Island. Looks like a hip roof top (second floor roof) but the food is quite good. They have a chef that BBQ's on the roof as well, good food.

Reviewed 19 December 2014

First, let me start off by stating that this place provides the best chicken suya in town. You'll th e live jazz band, the fresh food and 'well-poured' cocktails. I ALWAYS have a good time when I go. Its a place you can go for couples, friends, large group clebration, or office unwinding. The breeze will lull you to relaxation.