All reviewsclose to the train stationclean roomsreturn trainhot showermpbreakfastwifiaccommodationaguas
Reviewed 15 August 2017

When in Aquas Calientes, I always stay at Sol de Oro. It's clean (spotless) and close to the train station and main square. Breakfast is included and the beds are very comfortable.

There was construction next door during the day, but I was out and about, so the noise didn't really bother me.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2017

The staff at this hostal was only one man, but he was so nice to us. He let us check in early and did everything to take care of us, including waking up very early to make breakfast and a packed lunch for us before we went to Machu Pichu. He also let us keep our luggage there while we were gone during the day. The beds were hard but the room was clean and good for one night's stay.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 April 2017 via mobile

We spend here 2 days with our one year old son. Breakfast is included but basic. The room was nice with plenty warm water to take a proper shower. The things we didn't like was the wifi. It was horrible and always down during our stay. Closing the doors of the rooms took allot of effort. The best way was to slam it. Not great for sleeping children during the evening. Overall we would recommend this hostal if you don't care about luxury.

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed 20 March 2017

We only stayed in this hotel for 3 hours, as we got back from Machu Picchu quite exhausted (and in need of a shower badly) and we had quite a bit of time to kill before our return train, we decided to check in to this hotel for a shower and a quick nap. All the facilities worked very well, including the hot shower. And it's located right next to the train station.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EmonHaque
Reviewed 16 February 2017

If I could rate this with 0 stars I would. I'm not even a piky person at all, but this place is terrible. Even if you are travelling on a budget, go somewhere else. I was in a single room with no windows and a terrible pee smell came from the bathroom. I asked for a change of room and the lady said the solution was to put on a heater "to get rid of the smell"..that did not work. I finally got changed to a double room, not good at all.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends