See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 November 2016

The room itself was ok. there were 2 beds, tv, wifi .
there was also a bathroom with shower , hot in the evening and morning.
the window in the bathroom had a view on the bathroom of my neighbour.
we had a room on the second floor. We had to bring our luggages ourselves to the second floor.
The hotel is at the end of the street you follow when you exit the railway station. It is a 5 minutes walk. The hotel is literally next to the Railway.
breakfast is served in another hotel (50 meters away) of the same group.
Breakfast was in a buffet from. Plenty of things like yoghurt, fruit, eggs, pancakes, cheese, ham, sandwich .... . Not too fast with refilling empty plates.
the hotel is pretty close to the busstation for Machu Picchu

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2016

Nice, simple and comfortable place. Only bad note: it is directly on the railway, so the trains passing during the night risk to keep you awake because they are very noisy.
Useful note for travelers: since the numbers of the houses/buildings are totally random in Aguas Calientes (for example: 125 is followed by 513, then 308, and so on...), it took us about 30 minutes to find the hostal (whose number is 400). It is located at the end of Av. Imperio de los Incas, about 30 meters after the police station.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2015

The room itself was okay - pretty much what I expected, it's at the end of the railroad tracks and barely mid-range so I knew I wasn't getting the Shangri La.
What I'm writing this review about however is the fact that the management simply lied, and worse yet, they didn't do it to my face, they had their staff lie for them.
When we got into the room we found the TV didn't work. I went to the front desk and they came up and tried to fix it. When they couldn't fix it they called the main office and the main office said they'd send someone up to fix it. Half an hour later no one had showed up and I talked to the front desk again. the young woman there was clearly and honestly confused as to why they hadn't come to repair the TV and called again - then assured me another 5 minutes and someone would come - this went on for several rounds, the poor girl getting more and more embarrassed as she kept assuring me it was really going to be true.
The next morning I asked a new person at the desk about the TV and he said "oh, that's been broken for a few days and there is no one who has been able to fix it."
So the main office knew about this and of course just put me off, knowing I'd be moving and then they'd fill the room with someone else and lie to them.
This hostel is also associated with the President Hotel and the Machu Picchu Hotel just up the tracks so be leary of them as well.
I really didn't mind not having a TV, but really hated to see the management use one of their staff to lie to me - very bad etiquette!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thirst-Aid
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Stayed at this hotel for one night as part of Exodus trip (Peru Explorer) after a 3 night/4 day Inca Trail.
After completing the Inca trail the idea was that we would get the bus down to Aguas Calientes and check into the hotel. The next morning we would then get up early and go back up to Machu Picchu before the train passengers got there.
Fortunately the hotel was able to cope with guests looking for a hot shower mid afternoon as there was plenty hot water but we only had two threadbare towels and these were soaked after use.
The hotel is at, what appeared to be, the end of the line. Trains stopped outside belching fumes while workmen unloaded - cement, girders, bricks, provisions and the whole hotel shook with each train.
There was no dining room at the hotel but breakfast was at another hotel a few doors up and this was adequate although they were very slow to refill empty plates.
Adequate wifi in hotel reception.

Room Tip: ask for back section of hotel to avoid train vibration and noise
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cannytraveller2008
Reviewed 1 September 2015

This is a horrible hotel. Stayed for 1 night here. Toilet broke and nearly flooded most of the bathroom. Rooms were just barely clean- had the impression that it was quite dingy.
At night when the temperature dipped, there was no heating at all. During the day however it was a bit comfortable.
The breakfast selection was horrible...very limited, sparse and poor quality.
Don't stay here

Room Tip: Don't waste your time staying here
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family