My husband and I stayed here for 10 nights all inclusive. We were greeted at the airport by the rep and driver with shell garlands and driven to the hotel, where we were then greeted by a manager with chilled glasses of fruit juice and tea whilst they arranged our check in and room.
We had a room on 4th floor with fab views of the resort and beaches.We thoroughly enjoyed the very friendly atmosphere of the hotel and staff. Everyone was approachable, helpful and provided us with excellent service as well as some entertaining banter.
We were treated to a great halloween experience, where the staff dressed up and created a dark haunted tunnel to the Crab Restaurant, where we had a really superb meal and entertainment.
The food in general was outstanding, with a good selection of every dish you could think of.
We would like to mention the following members of staff in particular who all served to make our holiday one to remember:
Restaurant - Ruwan, Manager, Asidhar (aka Rankalu), Prasana, Udara, Thamadi (trainee manager), Charmeela, Chefs - Chameera,(aka chef rala)
Pool bar - Jayamal, Amarakeerthi and Malaka
Transend Bar - Lakmal, Viraj, Danashka
VIP Bar - Hasanga, Prasad and Suneth
We highly recommend this hotel and we will definitely be going back next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 112 Km away from the bustling city of Colombo and located on the Southern shoreline of Sri Lanka is the district which offers a 24-hour party on the beach. Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon Hikkaduwa, rated a four star is built along the golden sands, calls out to all those who enjoy island-life and beach-life with a promise to pamper its guests with the Southern Sri Lankan hospitality. In each room there is a spacious private balcony looking out to a view of the Golden Belt of the South Coast. 2 family suites, 4 corner suites, 4 deluxe rooms, 140 superior rooms. Air conditioned and equipped with a DVD player, 32" LCD TV, WiFi, mini bar, safety deposit box, telephone with IDD, complimentary tea and coffee making facility, hair dryer and complimentary toiletries. Hotel facilities and services: a selection of dining venues, the main restaurant, specialty crab restaurant, pool restaurant and coffee shop. A lounge and pool bar that offers a wide array of local and international spirits, a roof-top spa facility, banquet hall and conference facility (300 to 500 pax). Moreover the hotel houses a freshwater swimming pool, PADI certified dive center and an excursion counter. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hikka Tranz by Cinnamon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chaaya Tranz Hikkaduwa Hotel Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hikkaduwa
- Coral Gardens Hotel Hikkaduwa