“Lovely food and good service ”

Get Fresh Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 137 Restaurants in Hikkaduwa
Cuisines: International, Sri Lankan
Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We came to Getfresh restaurant based on the tripadvisor reviews and it was an excellent choice!

Delicious food, especially mango coconut curry, and very good service. Prices are ok, curry with rice for about RS 750.

On top of that, the restaurant was just across the street from our apartment, so we could check easily from the window if there are some tables available.

The place is rather busy, make sure to make a reservation if you want to come in the usual dinner time (6 - 8.30 pm). We always came after 9pm without reservation and were seated immediately.

Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

We visited this restaurant after reading all the positive reviews on TA. The food was a bit disappointing and tasted far too sweet. I think it’s aimed at tourists who prefer a very sweet, creamy curry rather than the real thing. If you like mild curries with loads of palm sugar then go for it. However, if you are looking for a traditional SR meal try somewhere else.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We had a nice dinner at this place, the owner is very friendly and active person. we loved the meals they provided here and the location is very easy to arrive.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

My girlfriend and I visited Get Fresh on a weekday afternoon, so it was actually quite empty.

We ordered a Seafood Platter, and the Mango Coconut Calamari, because the owner told us it was his own recipe, and was by far the best seller.

I'm glad he suggested it.

The seafood platter was good, but nothing to really rave about.

The Mango Coconut Curry on the other hand is really something special. It was one of the best curries I've had, and if you are around I suggest you visit the restaurant just to taste this amazing curry.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

Tha taste of this mango-coconut curry will forever stay with me!!!! The lovely chef even gave me the recipe and I cannot wait to try it out back home. You really need to experience this. Ask for mango-coconut curry (no matter the meat inside, they are all made on the same base).

I came 30 mins before opening and they let me in, apologizing they are not ready yet, but I was just trying to hide away from the noon sun. Lovely people, outstanding curry!!!