The Plantation Villa
Turyaa Kalutara(Kalutara)
US$72
US$66
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$87/night.

Feel Homestay(Kalutara)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$65
Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$124/night.

US$72
US$63
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$79/night.

US$46
US$78
US$60
Priceline
US$182
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsayurvedic treatmentsyoga teacherdetox packagesteam bathdaily yogaweight losssurrounded by naturethe main houseyoga hallamazing yogaayurveda retreatlife changing experienceguided meditationother guestsleft feelingbusy lifetree planting
Reviewed 3 January 2015

Beautiful place to stay if you really want to relax your mind and body.We where lucky to meet with only 5 other guests staying during this time in the villa (mind like and interesting people) in a familiar atmosphere.The staff was very sweet and accommodating and Daniel was not just a manager but a perfect host and interesting entertainer with wide knowledge on many subjects.
I would be happy to give 5 stars but would put some critics on the food which was definitely very unusual but could have been cooked more tasty.
The herbal bath needs to have a makeover to enjoy this kind of treatment in a more relaxing atmosphere.
We would definitely come back another time.
Uli & Tatiana

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank jetfox2015
Reviewed 21 December 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in early January 2014. After deciding to cut our fortnight in Bentota to 10 days, we decided to book this last minute to break up our trip to Negombo and to broaden our experience of Sri Lanka (we had already visited the cultural triangle prior to Bentota). We stumbled across Plantation Villa on Agoda and we were not disappointed. It took our driver a while to find, but once there we were very relaxed. Although we are admittedly big drinkers, this is an Ayurvedic Spa, so very healthy & no alcohol on site! However, although the other holidaymakers were on tailored health courses, we were not pressured in any way to follow suit - in fact we took advantage of the peace and quiet and relaxed as much as we could and explored the plantation where we enjoyed spotting the wildlife - monkeys, snake, lizards, spider and a very friendly cat! We did both book the Steam Bath which was a great experience. Our evenings were spent dining (Sri Lankan food - a variety of unusual dishes which we embraced) with the other guests and also the manager and her parents, the owners, one evening where we heard a great deal of interesting stories. The manager was very accommodating and kind enough to let us stay in the better room for no extra charge as we had only booked it for the first night and a more standard room for the next 2.
After being slightly apprehensive about the spa at the beginning of our stay, we were sad to leave, and would recommend this place to anyone - even if it's not their 'bag'!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Lynda2009
Reviewed 20 December 2014

We spent a week at Plantation Villa in the beginning of December2014. It was a fantastic week with nice treatments, great food, very good service and in a lovely surroundings. For us it was a very unusual experience - staying at one place the whole week - we usually travel like mad from place to place gathering impressions. That was absolutely different and I liked it! We had time to enjoy peacefulness, calmness and it was not boring! We enjoyed every minute of our stay, walking around plantation, practicing yoga, reading, meditating. The staff is very friendly, Roshaan is great at the treatments, Daniel is very helpful and knowledgable about almost everything. We had great talks about Sri Lanka, Ayurveda. And one more thing - I think that there might be some more fashionable places to get ayurvedic treatments but this old house and the place definitely has soul or heart - I don't know how to express this feeling, but we both really felt this special 'something' about the place there. Would love to come back

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RobertaFleece
Reviewed 9 December 2014

I don't usually stay in such luxurious places. But on this occasion I decided to spoil myself. I was rewarded by finding this awesome place. The staff were amazing and really helpful. It felt like I was having my every need catered for. Daniel is a great asset to them and has a lot of knowledge about Ayurveda and many other interesting topics. It was great to meet him. Roshan is a really caring soul who's treatments are fantastic. Ishara was also lovely to meet and gave me some good tips for the rest of my time in Sri Lanka. And the girls who work there are always smiling and so lovely and attentive.
I would definitely return given the opportunity and definitely can recommend you stay at the the plantation villa.

• Stayed: October 2014
4  Thank GinJah
Reviewed 5 November 2014 via mobile

Often we feel depress, stress and anxious from our daily routines. The demands of our work, life and family are causing our body a great stress that we often take for granted. I thought that feeling helpless and feeling down on and off is just due to stressful work and relationships. I thought by taking frequent respite and holidays will fix this, but I was wrong. My husband and I are young and newly married, we already feeling overwhelmed with the heavy demands of marriage, life and work. Until, He suggested that this holiday maybe we can try something new, something to do with "mind and body", a relaxing retreat but not over the top. he said we do the same thing tour and spend money on same vacation habits but doesn't really help our mind and body to attain balance. so I venture on looking online and I stumble on Ayurveda Therapy. I did my research and both my husband and I were keen to try something new and unknown to us. so I searched online for places and one of the top places is the Plantation Villa in Kalutara Sri Lanka. It started with an inquiry that the owner her self exchange emails with me. she was very helpful and replies as soon as she can that we made the RSVP and finalized it within a day. Plantation villa is not a typical touristy area, a place my husband preferred. it's surrounded with lush jungle, tons of birds and wild monkeys, very clean and relaxing place. the place is small and we were the only guest when we arrive so we felt extra special. When we arrived tired from a long flight from Madrid, the whole crew ( Roshan and the ladies) were waiting for us at the door. they know we were exhausted so they let us rest and didn't bother us until we woke up around lunch time. The villa caters our need to relax and be calm. The Ayurveda treatment we receive was just perfect, Roshan is very professional on providing us with daily treatments according to what the Ayurveda Doctor had prescribed. Daniel, the guess relation, was also wonderful in teaching us and answering many of our questions regarding nature, culture, food and other things. the food was also perfect, the consistency is superb. we don't like spicy hot
Food and they make sure that the spice is just enough for us to tolerate. they serve our meals according to the time we preferred. the ladies are amazing preparing the meals for us. another thing I am truly grateful for is our luggage didn't arrive and Ishara (director) and the staff at the plantation villa took care of inquiring about our missed luggage and they made sure it will be delivered to the Villa Thanks for doing this that it took a lot of stress from us. And lastly, the most important is we achieved what we came for. my husband and I felt closer and more relax. I think being surrounded with lush nature and calm environment and people brought us calm as well. The staff are not pushy like other hotels. even the village it self are calm and people are respectful, when you walk pass them they smile and gives you this calmness that you don't even notice. plantation villa is for you if you seek mind and body balance, relaxation and calmness! Words can't express how grateful we are with our experience in Plantation villa. We will come back next year.

Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple