Oasis Bluff Beach(Bluff Beach)
US$100
Hotel Palma Royale(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$110
Tesoro Escondido(Bluff Beach)(Great Value!)
US$45
US$42
  • Beachfront
US$102
US$92
  • Breakfast included
Surf Break at Paunch(Isla Colon)(Great Value!)
US$80
Koko Resort(Isla Colon)
US$120
US$93
Hostal Hansi(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
US$33
Hotel Lula's Bed and Breakfast(Bocas Town)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsstarfish beachmaster suiteluna suitewater bungalowred frog beachthatched rooffour seasonsminute boat ridebora boranice sandy beachsmall resortgreeted with smilesbug repellentalmost non existentevery requestno air conditioningstar fish
Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

A fun little resort that was a great break from the hustle and bustle of our wedding week. This is the best deal for the money to experience an on water hut vacation. The location is bueatiful. We stayed 2 nights and it was perfect. Not much to do but swim, snorkel, kayak, eat and drink unless you venture away from the resort which will require a water shuttle. Breakfast and dinner were included and were very good. The staff, though a slight language barrier with some of employees, were very accommodating.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2018

If I could keep this place a secret, I would. But, I loved this place so much, I want to share it with the world.

First off, I am NOT a fan of resorts. As a mostly solo budget traveler, I am appalled by the expensive rates and add on costs to these kinds of places (who usually cater to couples and families). However, this place has converted me.

The over the water bungalow sold me. I've always wanted to experience such luxury on a budget and this place has made my dreams come true! The lodge was clean, comfortable and just super cute. It had all I needed - comfortable bed with a mosquito net, clean bathroom, lounge chairs outside, 2 small sofas inside, a hammock..and a DOCK for my own personal use.

The waters were so clear and calm. I enjoyed swimming, floating, snorkeling and kayaking for the days I was there.

The inclusive food was also a hit for me - breakfast, afternoon snack, and dinner. And, they even give you options on the dishes. The food was super good too, especially the seafood.

They also offer the following: free pick-up to-from the airport and boat ride to Starfish Beach.

If you do not pick this place, you are seriously missing out.

Room Tip: any lodge is amazing
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank mariessima
Reviewed 2 March 2018

We chose the Punta Carocol Lodge / Resort for its setting with rooms over the water. The rooms were adorable with thatched roofs, spacious living space downstairs and the bedroom on a second floor. The lodge is ecologically themed with solar power and other ecological initiatives. The lodge picked us up at the Bocas Town airport and took us via water taxi to the resort. The hotel is only accessible via water taxi so if you wish to go to Bocas Town to visit you must take the 15 minute trip via the water taxi. The restaurant is in a large open air thatched building that has 360 degree views of the water. The food is delicious, locally sourced with many of the offerings being seafood. While there we visited Bocas Town for some shopping, sightseeing and eating. We had a delightful trip provided by the Lodge to Starfish Beach for snorkeling, shopping and eating and spent time snorkeling and kayaking off the deck of our room. It was a delightful trip and experience

Stayed: February 2018
1  Thank gwalden2017
Reviewed 24 January 2018

A wonderful place to chill or snorkel. Climb down the ladder on your over water cabin and start your swim! Great value with the included three course dinner and breakfast. The small bar is fully stocked and they have a nice wine list.
The staff is amazingly friendly and they meet you at the dock and check you in as they take your luggage to your cabin. We took along a spare storage battery to charge our phone and notebooks with. There are no outlets in your room, but you can go up to the bar area and charge those things. The internet is strong enough that I watched NETFLIX on my phone.
You have a 3 choices for dinner for all three courses. Usually a fish or pasta or meat dish. On our 2 night stay we had one night of food that was far better than another. That is not to say the food wasn't good-it just means that one night we had a meal that suited us better. Maybe other folks would be different.
They furnish snorkel and kayak equipment and you will totally enjoy cruising the reefs and mangroves.
Take plenty of insect repellent. We brought some and I failed to put it on. Very sorry that I didn't-I got severely bitten by something, but hey! You are in tropical Central America! Overall it is a great place and we will go back! Be sure to take care of the workers by leaving a generous tip in the lock box as you leave. They will prove to you that they deserved it!

Room Tip: If you have tent camped before you will probably like it more than a person that has only been to the Ritz Carlton. No AC, only fans.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank falcons5683
Reviewed 23 January 2018

We stayed here in December 2017.
It was a bit of a pain to get to. We thought once we got off the water taxi from Almirante we would jump straight in the Punta Caracol boat but instead they sent a car to get us to another jetty. When we got to Punta Caracol it was truly stunning as you can see from all the pictures. As a family of 8 we had booked the Master Suite and the one next door. Both rooms were lovely. Shower in the rooms were nice and toiletries were lovely. No beach towels though.
There is not a great deal to see if you snorkel by your hut but its nice enough and very clear and warm.
It is very quiet and you do make your own entertainment which was exactly what we were expecting. They have plenty of games and books plus hammocks for you to chill out.
The breakfast and dinner was very good. Very fresh and light. A small but good choice.
My problem was the service at the bar - it was almost non existent some times during the day. It was such a struggle to get served. A cup of tea took 15 minutes to make one day. Other times you could wait 20 minutes for someone actually to serve behind the bar and then you have to wait for the drinks to arrive.
Although I'm grateful that we saved the money (bar prices were quite dear) it was a such a shame.

Room Tip: The Master Suite is stunning
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family