All reviews the penthouse grinder in town bocas del toro the main street very nice hotel ferry dock other islands fresh fruit the hotel staff every morning the ground floor would definitely stay here again first floor nice breakfast laundry service comfortable beds
Reviewed 4 August 2018

I stayed here for two nights in July 2018. Staff was VERY professional and friendly, including Carmen and Sasha and the owner. The bed was impeccably comfortable. I hate super hard beds that some places in latin america or europe have, but this was perfectly suited to the human body, not too hard, and just enough support. The rooms are very well designed, clean and classy. Location is central and walking distance to everything. Only thing to note is that if you are a light sleeper, there is a club very near called Iguana which plays loud music until 3:00 am every night. To be honest, with my basic earplugs, I didn't hear it once I put them in, it's not right next door or anything like that, actually a few buildings away and on the other side of the street.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Daniel M
Melissa W, Manager at Hotel Palma Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2018

Thank you so much for the great and thorough review. We are so glad you enjoyed our staff and the beds! We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 July 2018

I have stayed in several "upscale" hotels in Bocas, but I always go back to Hotel Palma Royale!
Clean, efficient and friendly.Reliable wifi, Great breakfast. Next time, I won't even try another place! I do not know what the water facing rooms are like. I like quiet and dark and room 103 gave em that.

Kim J

Room Tip: !st level not facing the road is very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Kim J
Melissa W, Manager at Hotel Palma Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2018

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We look forward to your visits in the future.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

My Husband's 80th birthday was June 14 and we booked 2 nights in the penthouse for the occasion. For the first time ever his Son visited with us and I wanted to do something special. We live in Panama and have stayed at Palma Royale before, and have never been disappointed. The staff welcomed us graciously, breakfasts were good, and the penthouse was well appointed with 2 luxury bedrooms and 2 baths. Very nice!! The icing on his birthday cake was the lovely tropical floral arrangement, chilled bottle of wine, and fruit as a gift from the hotel to welcome my Husband's special day. I would recommend this hotel, Melissa was always responsive to my emails.

Room Tip: Great views from the penthouse...
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Melissa W, Manager at Hotel Palma Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Thank you so much for the amazing review! We appreciate every word. We are so happy you enjoyed your special vacation and hope to see you again soon at the Palma Royale.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in June. At the end they told us that only 1 person is included in the free breakfast even tho we booked the room for 2 person. They told us either we pay or they will discount it from our credit card. If we would have known from before we would definitely not have had breakfast at this place. The breakfast is very poor, you will certainly not get full, does only offer coffee or water, the "natural orange juice" is cheap juice out of a tetrapack and is charged additionally! Furthermore the cook is very annoying trying to have a conversation with EVERYONE EVERYDAY. There are plenty better options in town!!! Avoid this place

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Melissa W, Manager at Hotel Palma Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2018

Hello Hellen, We are sorry to hear you were upset about the breakfast. You were the only person checked in the room and your daughter, who lives in Bocas, came over for breakfast. The Receptionists were just following policy. For Breakfast, we offer omelettes, pancakes, french toast, as well as eggs, croissants, and meats. All meals come with Tropical fruits.
Thank you for bringing the juice to our attention. We will provide fresh squeezed orange juice from now on.
The person that was talking to you is the Owner of the Restaurant. He was being friendly.

Reviewed 5 May 2018

We stayed here in mid-April for 3 nights in a standard room on the ground floor (I believe it was room #101 or 102). It was a tiny tiny room, but turned out quite comfortable and a good choice for us. The area where the bed is is truly small, but, there was a good closet with safety deposit box, a small table/ coffee station, a small fridge, and the bathroom was of good size and with plenty of storage. The highlight for us was a very small patio with garden furniture that we could use even when it was raining (we were getting a bit wet as the awning was not sufficient, but it was still great to have that option). The room shows signs of aging, but overall we thought it was a great choice considering the prices in Bocas Town. It was a low season when we were there and it was quiet, didn’t have any issues with street noise etc even though the patio was partially towards the main street.
The hotel is small and pleasant. It takes only 5 minutes walk, if even, from where the boat will likely drop you off, so very convenient. We took a taxi to the airport (5 min drive), but only due to fact that we didn’t want to walk with our backpacks in the heat. It’s very close to restaurants and shops, but not close to any beaches. We took a taxi to the Drago Beach one day and it was a 20-30 min drive and cost us $18. There is a bus back that you can catch - the front desk can help you with all those arrangements, times etc.
Breakfast at the hotel was included and it was nice. Only 3 or so options are served (eggs or pancakes), but are tasty and sufficient. Nice staff throughout.
Overall would gladly recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple