“the best of Bocas”
Review of Laylow

Laylow
Ranked #24 of 84 Restaurants in Bocas Town
Price range: US$5 - US$15
Description: Laylow is Bocas Del Toro's only rooftop bar with a sea view. Laylow is as well a place to chill and relax for a drink or enjoy good and generous food. In a cosy ambiance, we propose an European cuisine with mix influence: tapas, planks and more classic dishes such as burger or seafood (only serve fresh food). The Bistro opens at 4pm and offers 2 happy hour per day.
Reviewed 14 March 2017

We stayed in Bocas for almost three weeks and LayLow was by far our favourite place to eat and drink. The staff are happy, the space is sexy and super chill but the real star here is the food. Chef Kevin Harris specializes in elevating comfort fare to a whole new level of divinity. Normally meatloaf is something I order at a truck stop after a night of debauchery. BUT when I saw another customer tuck into this monster I knew I had to have it. Half a foot of meaty goodness resting on a slice of soft white bread smothered in a ... I don't know... the word "gravy" doesn't do it justice. It was a dark rich blanket of goodness with a handful of plump peas for colour. The loaf itself was made with beef and BACON OMG! This meaty mayhem was topped off with crispy fried onions and I ate every last bite. That was after sharing the seafood sampler- another two fat thumbs up. OH- and do your taste buds a solid and try the duck sliders. Life changing.

1  Thank carriedaway_11

Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I went for dinner and drinks at the Laylow last night. It was hands down the best meal we have had in Bocas. The staff was super helpful and friendly, food and drinks were delicious, and of course you can't beat the view. I would highly recommend anyone visiting bocas come and check this place out!

1  Thank Melissa M
Reviewed 1 March 2017

Enjoyed grabbing drinks on the rooftop bar. Had a good view of the city, cheap drinks and a solid atmosphere. Would recommend to others.

1  Thank mkrblack
Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

Well my wife and I ended up at laylow seaview bar on recommendation. We seemed to be the first people of the evening. We were greeted by a very charismatic bar manager who ensured our stay was enjoyable from start to finish. We decided to get some appies to compliment the bloody marys Manny had made us with his jalapeño pepper infused vodka, yummy, as were the Belgian truffle fries and mozzarella croquettes. Great new spot with an unparalleled view in bocas town. Thanks again Manny we will be back before we leave.

1  Thank Dan G
Reviewed 14 February 2017 via mobile

Went for a few drinks here on a Sunday. The bar was the nicest one we found in Bocas. Great staff, great drinks and the cheesy fries were so tasty. They serve Belgium beers and have the branded beer glass to go with them. A nice touch. Wanted to go back for dinner on the Monday but they were closed which was a shame. Drop in if you're in Bocas!

1  Thank Travel_Addict001