“Yummy!!!”

Ranked #2,035 of 12,749 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Small bistro-style art cafe.Displaying and selling art by some of the best known names in Indian art.Small tables, small chairs, all made with recycled materials.a 5 to 7 min walk from the main street of hauz khas village.
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Fantastic food. I would recommend this as a must try. The only negative is there is no window in the area you eat in.

Reviewed 9 May 2013

A business associate who is also an instructor in vegan/vegetarian cooking suggested that we try this place for our dinner. Although I'm not a vegetarian, I'm glad he did. Tattva is a revelation!

It's a bit hard to find, and the front-of-the-house operation lacks polish, but the food makes up for everything.

My colleague and I both had the five-course dinner, which is priced at Rs. 695. Our courses included a mildly sweet "beetroot gazpacho," which is actually borscht with a whisper of yoghurt; a surprisingly delicate pilaf of pearl millet, a serving of haricots verts done to a turn, and a mini muffin served with a tiny dollop of sorbet.

My colleague was surprised at the level of sophistication we encountered on our plates and in our glasses. Accompanying the meal were a tiny cup of a gingery drink to cleanse our palates and a tall, refreshing glass of pumpkin juice.

The decor was suitably artsy-fartsy for a place that advertises itself as Art & Fresh Organic Kitchen, and the music in the background sounded to me like Diana Krall singing jazz standards. For my dining partner and me, the atmosphere was relaxing, unhurried and great for conversation.

We understood from the chef/owner/server that business has been slow. Do yourself and him a favor and try a meal at this delightful place. Then, spread the word to others. Perhaps, together, we can provide enough business to keep this Delhi treasure open!

2  Thank David W
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Tucked away at Hauz Khas Village (HKV), it is completely worth the effort to find (and visit) this place.
I visited there on a friend's recommendation, and was pleasantly surprised.
Really liked the food that they served! The tea that they served was really good, much better than that served by the Baristas (et al) of the city. If you go to HKV, go to Tattva just for the herbal, organic tea. (They give you organic honey to sweeten it.) It's COMPLETELY worth it.
Even for the ambience, most of the items used are organic/recycled. Very nice concept.
It feels like a modest art gallery.
Go there once, and I am sure you'd be hooked.

Tattva, keep up the good work!

Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

I went to Tattva several times while visiting Delhi. Some things I enjoyed like the hummus and a salad that I had. The organic honey I bought there was also nice.But some things just were not that yum, edible but not like wow. The place is really cute and artsy. Worth a try for organic foodies like myself.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Don't give up on your search for this great, organic restaurant! Prices are affordable, food is exceptional. We each had the five course lunch which started with an energizing juice shot, followed by savory hummus. Next was warm pumpkin soup with red lentils and spices. Next was sauteed beets & carrots with pine nuts and salsa verde. Fourth was millet with sliced almonds, dried fruit, pomegranate seeds, spices and more. Finishing the meal with yogurt, dates, apples, and granola. They even served us a huge glass each of fresh squeezed orange juice. The service was kind and hospitable and we would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling!