“Fantastic”

Ranked #2,035 of 12,749 Restaurants in New Delhi
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Small bistro-style art cafe.Displaying and selling art by some of the best known names in Indian art.Small tables, small chairs, all made with recycled materials.a 5 to 7 min walk from the main street of hauz khas village.
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My wife and I were in India for three weeks, and by the end we were about ready to keel over from all the heavy food. Tattva was an oasis--dish after dish of light, delicious, inspired fare. Easily one of the more memorable meals of my life. Takes a little extra effort to find, but have no fear, you will be so glad you did.

Reviewed 25 July 2013 via mobile

Wandering the back streets in this quiet arty suburb i found this lovely restaurant. The food is really fresh with great flavour combinations. It was difficult to get a grasp of the atmosphere as i was the only diner having made the error of eating my evening meal too early! I was in india on the hottest month and the cold dips and juices were very welcome. Highly recommended

Reviewed 7 July 2013

It is rare to come across a restaurant like Tattva in India. But I am worried that it may not be able to survive due to a very hostile and non accommodating environment that prevails here for these kind of restaurants. This was my 2nd visit in 6 months, and this time the restaurant was totally empty at 2 in the afternoon. Being tucked way inside the Hauz Khas Village does not help. It also does not help that the owner (who was there last time) is not always present in this space that requires you to engage and not just sit and eat. The sole person (a typical Indian servant type) seemed to be the person in charge of everything, and definitely not the kind of person who would enjoy even one dish from the menu. And lastly, it also does not help that more than half the items on the menu are not available. A better alternative would be to have a limited daily change menu based on what ingredients are available.

None the less, this will continue to be my haunt each time I am in Delhi. It is too precious to be wasted away without enjoying.

2  Thank ZenHealer7
Reviewed 16 June 2013

I found this place by accident at the back of Hauz Kaus village and its the most amazing find of my trip. The food just makes you feel so good and the ambience is most chill. Every friend I brought here felt the same.

The owners treat you as friends not customers and nothing is too hard for them.

I'll be back for sure.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Fantastic food. I would recommend this as a must try. The only negative is there is no window in the area you eat in.